V15 yealink phones not provisioning...SOLVED

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by 805tech, Nov 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 805tech

The issue I am having is when I go to provision my Yealink T32G or T23G phone the phone screen will show updating configuration and when its done the settings did not apply to the phone. I am not sure what is going on here. I read http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/v15-findin ... ing-files/ article and other posts but nothing I have done works.
    Any ideas?

FIX...
    Ok so I figured out why this was happening and I think 3CX should fix this...Under each extension under the Phone Provisioning tab there is the Options section and under Timezone it was set to the default Use global timezone as soon as I picked my time zone it all started working. I was able to provision the phone and it also fixed my Custom template under the phones section and I can hit the config on each phone and see the template. I modified my templates so they would be on my time zone a while back and going to this update must have messed something up. I really think 3CX should have a option to choose a default time zone so I do not have to do it for each user and when I create a new user it will choose this time zone and if I create a new user that is in another time zone I can change that in the person extensions.

2. aberry

aberry New Member

Re: V15 yealink phones not provisioning

Could be a lot of things.
    Are they trying to provision by IP or hostname? Are the phones having trouble resolving the hostname? Coule be a DNS issue if that is the case. Do the phones show up in the list inside of 3CX, and are you just trying to assign them that way? Are the phones on a current / supported firmware? If you connect to the phone, what is the update URL that the phone has stored?

Wireshark is your friend as well for issues like this.

3. 805tech

Phones are provisioning by host name and they do show up in the 3CX manager. Under phones I see the phone and click on assign ext. The yealink phones have the latest supported firmware. After I try to provision the phone I go to the phone gui and under update url there is nothing there. No settings go into the phone. I am trying wireshark to see if I can see anything.

4. aberry

aberry New Member

All right, well that covers the easy fixes. If the phone isn't taking the URL, I would try manually copying and pasting it from the provisioning setting of the extension that you are trying to setup, just to see if you can force it to work. That will ensure that the only failure is in 3CX updating the provisioning URL of the phone.

I'm assuming that you have this issue on more than one phone? Have you reset to factory defaults on the phone already as well?

5. 805tech

I tried to manually copy the provision url to the phone and same thing it will say configuring files on the phone and when it comes back same thing. I have tried it on multiple yealink T32G and T23G phones. Every time I try something new I do a factory reset. If I manually put the user extension password etc it works. The 3CX system will pick it up and show the phone is assigned to that ext but doing the auto provision does not work.

6. aberry

aberry New Member

7. Saqqara

Saqqara Active Member

8. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

From the description i assume that the phones are either local or behind an SBC, which is it?
    If the phones are behind an SBC you will need to be in the correct firmware and your provisioning link should be with https.
    Make sure that your FQDN resolves correctly.
    You will also need to have a certificate trusted by the phone. If not you will need to go to the phones web interface and disable trusted certificates.
    If the phones are local make sure that the hostname in the provisioning link resolves to the local IP of the PBX. If it doesn't try replacing the hostname with the local ip of the PBX and manually set it in the web interface of the phone.
    If this doesn't work open a browser and copy-paste the provisioning link of the phone in the address bar and append the mac address of the phone plus .cfg . It should be in the format below
    http://ip-or-hostname:port/provisioning ... ddress.cfg
    This should download the config file for the phone and narrow down where the problem is.

9. Saqqara

Saqqara Active Member

Running ver 15.0.59950.0 and 3CX Lets Encrypt SSL certificate on *.3cx.co.uk

Have the same sort of issue when configuring a remote stun yealink t42 / t42 phones, having to disable 'trusted certificates'. This is fine until you do a firmware update / factory reset then this setting goes back to default and you are back to disabling 'trusted certificates' which in real life is not workable for remote phones.

The main issue is that the ssl certificate use 'Lets Encrypt Authority X3', which I can tell is not on Yealink trusted SSL list - only X1 and X3.

Hopefully 3CX and Yealink can resolve this issue - as it is supported phone.

10. 805tech

Fixed read 1st post

11. gshanlin

OMG...thanks a million for the recommendation to DISABLE security certificates in the Yealink phone web interface! I couldn't for the life of me figure out why my phone (T32G) refused to download it's config. For the record, I am testing the 3CX v15 install on an Amazon Web Services EC2 virtual machine. So far it's working marvelously. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.