• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved V15 Yealink T46G provisioning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delo123

Reaction score
Hi, very new to this so please excuse my ignorance :(
We are trying to configure T46G with 3CX latest V15.5.
I'm afraid we do not really understand the concept. I can find a provisioning url anywhere to place in option 66. The manual says go to settings -> phone provisioning but this link simply isn't there. The only way i can find this link is when i go into an extension, choose to provision phone AND enter a mac address, then a link shows up. So is this link for this phone only? Or should i place this one in option 66. Actually all i want is for the phones to show up as "new phones" in the phones dialog so i can choose it and link it to an extension.
So what is needed for the phones to simply show up under phones? Is DHCP enough? We have microsoft DHCP Server, the phone is in the same network as one of the nics in the 3CX which should be the one with the highest order.
Can someone tell me step 1,2,3. and not like "now continue provisioning, as i don't know which step that should be". Thx!

I have now put the provisioningsurl from the first phone I had configured into option 66 like http://ipofPBX:5000/provisioning/9w34bdv8yvmi but when I plug in a second phone it gets provisioned as the same extension. So what is the "universal" link? Or shouldn't I be using this option at all? Just want the phones to show up as new phone.

Hello @Delo123,

Each extension created has its own provisioning link. Using the same provisioning link for all the phones, will result to multiple phones being provisioned on the same extension.

Additionally, are the phones in the same LAN as the PBX?
The phones will show up as new in the "Phones" tab of the Management Console, given that port 5060 is open on your firewall, which is the port that the Multicast message is sent through.

You can check the following article >> https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/

The phones are in the same lan. If i add a phone to an extension and enter the mac address it will be configured on reboot. But "new" phones do not show up. 5060 is open. I checked the article but that does not really help.
What i did:
1. Configure DHCP so the phone gets an ip adress (nothing less or more).
2. in 3CX i did nothing (did not choose a phone under a extension, and cannot find the "phones" tab under settings as in the manual)
3. I plug in the phone and wait for something to happen.
4. nothing happens. The phone does not show up.
Is this right, or did i miss a step?
5. I go to an extension and add the phone modell and mac adress
6. Reboot the phone, it will now be correctly provisioned.
But i want to archieve the new phones just showing up under phones.

The 3CX Server is Windows under Vmware. Does this need special configuration? Cannot find anything about it in the documents.

We have microsoft DHCP Server, the phone is in the same network as one of the nics in the 3CX which should be the one with the highest order.

How many nics are in the 3CX server ?, have you tried just using one but disabling unused ones

Hi @Delo123 ,

The "Phones" tab should be visible as shown in the screenshot below.
upload_2017-9-12_11-54-45.png

Now, for IP phones to show up in the phones tab, your 3CX server must be registered to the multicast domain 224.0.1.75
As for the provisioning of the phones, the link is the same for every device of the same brand. For example yealinks would use http://ipofpbx:5000/provisioning/9w34bdv8yvmi but snoms would use http://ipofpbx:5000/provisioning/9w34bdv8yvmi/cfg{mac} .
The provisioning link changes when the phone requests the provisioning file, in which stage it will append its mac address to the provisioning link to get the correct configuration.
For 2 IP phones to get the same extension, you need to add 2 IP phones under the same extension. See screenshot below.
upload_2017-9-12_12-8-32.png
Please check that you have entered the mac address of those phones in different extensions.

Hope this helps

Actually it doesn't help :( Sorry
FIrst you say the link can't be the same for 2 phones then you say the link should be the same.
So for the phones to show up as new phones do i need the provisioning link yes or no?
Where can i find the link without provisioning a phone? SInce i do not want to enter mac adresses into the system. I just want the 3CX to find new phones so i can click on them in the gui and provision from there.
SO if i understand you correctly the only way for the phones to NOT have the same extension (who would want that anyway?) is to create extensions and adding a mac address of every phone by hand? That can not be the correct way.
Just now i saw 1 phone as "new" but 2 other will not show up, so it seems like multicast only works "sometimes" maybe? Maybe load balancing on vmware vswitches is not supported? THe phones TAB is there, but in the manual it says "the provisioning link is available under System Status point 5), i cannot see that anywhere. Also it should be under the Tab "Settings" -> phones. But there is no phones Tab under settings (i know it's there on the main page under Dashboard) but there isn't any provisioningsurl there. The provisioningslurl only shows up AFTER i provision the first phone while entering a mac adress, which is ok for me. But i do not want to enter the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th mac adress etc, i just want to choose them.

So for the phones to show up as new phones do i need the provisioning link yes or no?
No, for the phones to show up as new phones, the machine that the PBX is installed on must be registered to the multicast domain 224.0.1.75 (SIP multicast domain). When you factory reset a phone, the phone will send a SUBSCRIBE to 224.0.1.75 and the PBX will show that phone in the phones tab. This should work every time provided that the phones and the PBX are in the same subnet.
After the phone is shown in the phones tab, you just need to select the phone and either assign it to an existing extension or create a new extension for that phone.
If newly reset phones don't show up in the phones tab, try running a wireshark on the PBX server with this filter "sip.Method== SUBSCRIBE" . Then reset a phone that doesn't show up and see if it sends a SUBSCRIBE

Entering mac addresses and using provisioning links is an alternate method, you don't need to use both methods for a specific phone. If the PnP method works for you, there is no reason to use any other method.

Ok, so i don't need to do that :) good! Ok, will try wireshark as i'm expecting this is something related to Vmware...
Thx!

Hello @Delo123

You may also find the following article useful in troubleshooting although since one phone did appear under new then it would suggest that your server is listening to multicast.
https://www.3cx.com/docs/plug-and-play-ip-phone/

Try removing the phones from the DHCP server so they do not try to provision during startup. That may be preventing them from sending multicast. Also note that phones must be in factory reset state to send multicast.
Let us know of the results.

I had to factory each phone 3 or 4 times until it came up, after that i had success 2 times and it looked ok to me.
I then rebooted the VM to retry. I have now already factory resettet the phones 2 times (and cleared DHCP each times) and don't see the sucsribe requests anymore. So something is wrong still i assume. No idea what. I already disabled redundant nics on the esx host and enabled Promiscuous-Mode and tried to change from ip-hash to source mac-address but no luck anymore. Will keep trying factory resetting the phones again and again for them to show up sometime but this doesn't seem right

Attachments

• 9-12-2017 1-59-54 PM.png
    9-12-2017 1-59-54 PM.png
    116.9 KB · Views: 17
That was the first thing i did when i started yesterday as this is outlined in the initial configuration steps.
I'm on 28.81.0.110 already sadly :(

the following setting: (Cisco 2960X)
ip igmp snooping querier
on the access switches apparantly did the trick... Before it was just hit and miss

Attachments

• 90-12-2017 4-29-48 PM.png
    90-12-2017 4-29-48 PM.png
    112.3 KB · Views: 41
Glad to hear the issue is resolved and thank you for sharing your solution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.