• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

V16 Alpha 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Fichera

Reaction score
Issues occurring after upgrade
Version: Free

SIP Trunks (SIP Trunk or Gateways) Not listed in SIP Trunks screen.
Click the Add button for either the information is populated with the missing trunks.
Add them again and now the dashboard shows double the Trunks Up. I only have 2 and a Bridge from V15.5
I see 3/4 Trunks Up
Bridge is Gone from the Menu. It still shows up as one of my Trunks. (Will licensing change or is this a problem)

Rebooted another test system the other day and phones supported phones will no longer provision. They do not show up in the UI under phones either. I factory reset the phone and it will not auto provision. I don't see PC/Mac clients listed under phones either. I can't get them to show up again like I can get the SIP Trunks.

Is there a special place to report Alpha/Beta Release Issues? I don't want to put in a support case.

The 'missing' trunk is the Webmeeting Bridge.

If you go to "Advanced" on the left side nav menu and expand it, you'll see "Bridges" there. Click on that and you'll see the pre-existing bridge and the webmeeting bridge there. I presume you are running two VOIP trunks to give you a total of 4 trunks.

I don't have that option at all.

This system only has 2 Gateways and 1 Bridge. My missing SIP Trunks are still being counted.

Attachments

• 3cx v16A2 Menu.JPG
    3cx v16A2 Menu.JPG
    22.8 KB · Views: 11
It is not a new install. It is non-production but it did have an updated 15.5 before going to 16 Alpha 1 and then to 16 Alpha 2 but it was the upgrade from Alpha 1 to Alpha 2 where the issue started. I actually have two systems that went along the same update path and they are both acting the same with missing SIP Trunks and Bridges. One of those systems has lost the ability to provision phones that were connected. I haven't tried the other one yet.

It is not a new install. It is non-production but it did have an updated 15.5 before going to 16 Alpha 1 and then to 16 Alpha 2 but it was the upgrade from Alpha 1 to Alpha 2 where the issue started. I actually have two systems that went along the same update path and they are both acting the same with missing SIP Trunks and Bridges. One of those systems has lost the ability to provision phones that were connected. I haven't tried the other one yet.

Yep. That sounds fishy as heck.

Have you tried a restore (presuming there is a backup of course)?

I have not tried a restore. I might blow the entire thing away and start from 15.5 again on one of them to see if I get the same thing.

Hello @Sean Fichera

It is normal to be missing the Bridge menu as well as some other menus in the free version of the PBX in V16 Alpha 2.
Your trunks and phones however should still be visible though. Thank you for reporting. We will try to see if the issue can be replicated.
I might blow the entire thing away and start from 15.5 again on one of them to see if I get the same thing.
Please let us know if you get the same results. Make sure that your are running Debian 9 before upgrading to V16.

Same issue here - free standard version 16.0.0.1110 for 1st year (expires 28/02/2019) and I cannot see bridges (production installation). Can you help?

if I paste the path "/#/app/bridges" at the end of the domain, it says that Feature available in 3CX Professional and Enterprise Editions. In your edition comparison page, it says that bridges are available to standard editions, too. Please clarify or fix it the soonest possible!!!

Last edited:
Same issue here - free standard version 16.0.0.1110 for 1st year (expires 28/02/2019) and I cannot see bridges (production installation). Can you help?

if I paste the path "/#/app/bridges" at the end of the domain, it says that Feature available in 3CX Professional and Enterprise Editions. In your edition comparison page, it says that bridges are available to standard editions, too. Please clarify or fix it the soonest possible!!!

Comparison page is for ver 15.5,

With version 16, some of the current functionality will only be available in certain versions of 3CX. As version16 is still in alpha, know one knows which version will be required.

It has been stated by 3CX, current users with maintenance will not lose out of functions when the product is fully released.

As you have upgraded, and bridges are critical to your installation - your only choice to reinstall ver 15.5 only if you have a backup taken from 15.5 (you can not use ver 16.0 to restore 15.5)

"know one knows" ? you mean "no one"? Great! you are ready to release a new version but not yet decided about the available features!!!

"current users with maintenance will not lose out of functions when the product is fully released."

We have maintenance (expires 28/02/2019) but to the bridge function! Cannot restore - the backup is too old. Automatic upgrade was enabled and you release an alpha version in the same channel with the stable one. You should have an extra option about the alphas and betas...

"know one knows" ? you mean "no one"? Great! you are ready to release a new version but not yet decided about the available features!!!

"current users with maintenance will not lose out of functions when the product is fully released."

We have maintenance (expires 28/02/2019) but to the bridge function! Cannot restore - the backup is too old. Automatic upgrade was enabled and you release an alpha version in the same channel with the stable one. You should have an extra option about the alphas and betas...
@Saqqara is stating that no one on the forum knows what features will be available, he is not a 3CX employee!

Reactions: kosath
Alpha and Beta versions of the PBX are not automatically installed and it is mentioned with every release that Alpha and Beta versions are for evaluation purposes only and should not be used for production. I am afraid that you will need to revert to V15.5 to re-enable bridges or wait for the final release of V16 for updates.

Alpha and Beta versions of the PBX are not automatically installed and it is mentioned with every release that Alpha and Beta versions are for evaluation purposes only and should not be used for production. I am afraid that you will need to revert to V15.5 to re-enable bridges or wait for the final release of V16 for updates.
It is cloud based! Is there any revert option? Do you have any date about the V16 final release?

Same problem here. Bridges Option has disappeared and don't know what to do.

Same problem here. Bridges Option has disappeared and don't know what to do.

See post posted by YiannisH_3CX ,

It is cloud based! Is there any revert option? Do you have any date about the V16 final release?
To revert you need to have a backup from V15.5. You can then un-install V16 and re-install V15.5 from your backup. Since V16 is still in Alpha2 and being tested we do not have a release date yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boykins_54
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.