• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

V16 Update 1 is Here with New Call Flow Service, Chat Features and Live Chat & Talk

nb

Support Team
Reaction score
Well, that didn’t take long! 3CX v16 Update 1 has just been released and includes enhanced Web Client Chat functionality, in sync with the also updated 3CX Live Chat & Talk. Update 1 delivers the stable edition of the upgraded Call Flow Service to take advantage of the new v16 scripting engine and Call Flow Designer (CFD) combo.

More C...​

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent work 3CX, thumbs up!
We had couple of installations on hold, waiting for v16 U1 to be available including CFD, fantastic you managed to finalize in such a short time.

There is one issue I'm seeing.... In short, when 16 alpha was released (for windows only back then) I noticed that extension forwarding rules and exceptions didn't have an option to send call to CFD app.
Asked about that and got info from edossantos, that it will be supported and available in final release of U1 (https://www.3cx.com/community/threa...nesses-the-power-of-3cx-v16.64771/post-275867).

Unfortunately, I don't see that option available after installing U1 on Linux machine.
I can route to CFD app from ring group, call queue, digital receptionist, but not from extension...
This is quite a big show stopper for us and some complex call flows we are using for our existing customers (still running v15.5)...
When is this going to be available?

Thanks!
Jakub

Reactions: Nick Galea
There is one issue I'm seeing.... In short, when 16 alpha was released (for windows only back then) I noticed that extension forwarding rules and exceptions didn't have an option to send call to CFD app.
Asked about that and got info from edossantos, that it will be supported and available in final release of U1 (https://www.3cx.com/community/threa...nesses-the-power-of-3cx-v16.64771/post-275867).

Unfortunately, I don't see that option available after installing U1 on Linux machine.
I can route to CFD app from ring group, call queue, digital receptionist, but not from extension...
This is quite a big show stopper for us and some complex call flows we are using for our existing customers (still running v15.5)...
When is this going to be available?
Hello Jakub,

You can do this by configuring the forwarding rule as "Forward to number", and setting the number to the CallFlow name. For example, if your project name is "MyProject" and your callflow is "Main.flow" then you need to set the number to "myproject.Main" (without the quotation marks and that specific case).

Kind regards.

Reactions: jhn
Looking forward to testing this out! I had a question about CFD. I remember reading in an old blog post (https://www.3cx.com/blog/releases/designing-call-flows-v16/):
  • Change the Caller Name from the Callflow. For example, the caller enters a Customer ID, the Customer Name is retrieved from a database, and the Callflow transfers the call to a queue, changing the caller name to the value returned by the database.
I'm looking for this feature, but I can't seem to find it. Is there something that I'm missing?

I'm looking for this feature, but I can't seem to find it. Is there something that I'm missing?
Unfortunately this is not implemented at the moment. We will try to bring it in a future update.

Okay. Glad it's not just me. Is there a timetable for adding this feature to CFD?

Hi ,
Just for a REX on what happens after I just updated this afternoon to V16.0.1.273 on Debian hosted cloud PBX.
All phones are behind SBC, I've a DECT base Snom M300 and now phones (M25) are seen in double in MC, after a on/off on M300 base phones stays always in double . also done a reboot on 3cx server side.

Nothing else done and after a while it returns alone likeit was before update as a single line for one phone.

Even with this double line in console phone was working fine.

Last edited:
After upgrading one of my instances, I see that the Call Flow Apps are labeled as BETA... Wasn't that the purpose of the beta of Update 1?

Patiently waiting to update my 15.5 installs...

After upgrading one of my instances, I see that the Call Flow Apps are labeled as BETA... Wasn't that the purpose of the beta of Update 1?
3CX v16 Update 1 is ready to run productive CFD apps. We will remove the beta label shortly, but you can go ahead, migrate your installations, and run CFD apps on v16.

@edossantos Great, thank you. I'll still wait for the beta label to be removed though. I can't run anything even seen as beta in production.

some nice updates BUT i really don't like how a visitor to my web site can not directly call though the click to call now unless someone in the company "takes ownership" first (which is currently not possible from the mobile app)
there should be and option to run it either the new way or the original way. Visitors to the web site will now just think it's just the usual chat only feature as there is nothing indicating that there is a call feature.

I know i can set it to "call only" and they can ring directly that way but I would like to have both the call and text options available.

Upon successful installation of V16 Update 1 Final, a database-level conversion of existing chats needs to be performed. The “Chat” function will remain unavailable in the 3CX Apps until this conversion is completed.

Just wondering if someone can point me in the right direction for the steps to do this conversion?

Just wondering if someone can point me in the right direction for the steps to do this conversion?

@microedjared, this is an automatic procedure which is performed after updating your current system to Update 1. When your system is up to date an automatic conversion task is triggered in the background which will convert your current existing chats. It does not take too much time to convert but it also depend of course how many chat records you have stored in the database.

testing V16U1 on the way , I hope we will migrate on it on the next weeks :)

May I propose a new improvement/feature about chat ? it would be perfect to be able to (copy)/paste a picture ( like a screen shot ) directly from the clipboard into the Chat treads , without using files/attachment features. This is a really usefull feature for IT support.
this is the only feature missing in your great chat , this one allow us to close all others chat softwares we have.
BR
Stéphane

some nice updates BUT i really don't like how a visitor to my web site can not directly call though the click to call now unless someone in the company "takes ownership" first (which is currently not possible from the mobile app)
there should be and option to run it either the new way or the original way. Visitors to the web site will now just think it's just the usual chat only feature as there is nothing indicating that there is a call feature.

I know i can set it to "call only" and they can ring directly that way but I would like to have both the call and text options available.

Hello @Phone systems NZ ,
Take ownership button will be available soon on mobile clients too. But for now lets talk about the communication between a website visitor to a Queue.

So You have 3 options in the plugin
Call and Chat
Chat only
Call only.

The problem arises when you have chat and call to a queue. So we designed the take ownership button so that you first start serving the visitor via chat, and then, once you take ownership, the call button will appear and the visitor can call and the call will go straight to the person that took ownership. So now the agent chatting and talking is the same (from the numerous agents you might have)

So what you can do to avoid this, is to make a link with just CALL only option. When you call, there is no chat involved - so the agents will get a call just like a normal queue call. In this case, the call will already be there.

Hey guys,

I am trying to integrate the 3CX Web Chat plugin 1.3 on Word Press 5.2. although the plugin got installed and visible on the site its not working. You can open the chat box. Any idea when will you release the plugin to support Wordpress 5.2. We can not run old version of WordPress because we need some features in the theme that require WordPress version 5.1 or above.

Excited to give it a try ...

Hey guys,

I am trying to integrate the 3CX Web Chat plugin 1.3 on Word Press 5.2. although the plugin got installed and visible on the site its not working. You can open the chat box. Any idea when will you release the plugin to support Wordpress 5.2. We can not run old version of WordPress because we need some features in the theme that require WordPress version 5.1 or above.

Excited to give it a try ...
Hello @iversion-Support ,

Can you please send me in a private message the URL that you are trying to configure the plugin?

Reactions: iversion-Support
Thank you for your help, the plugin is working in my case I made a mistake by copying the URL from browser in the 3CX setting which has extra slash at the end of the URL

https://iversion.com.au/

After removing the / at the end of URL as suggested by Constantinos its fixed and working.

Make sure there is no space or slash at the end of your website URL. I am running php 7.3 and word press 5.2 the plugin work awesome.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.