v2.0.4 on ICS (HTC one X) - keeps popping up

Discussion in 'Android' started by ccomley, Jun 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ccomley

3CX Phone 2.0.3 and 2.0.4

Both versions tend to pop to foreground at incovenient times. Presunably because they've just connected to the SIP account, or just disconnected. Or just failed to connect. Or... doesn't matter. Don't do it! The icon on the status bar is enough, and if it pops up whilst you're actually *doing* something it completely breaks up the flow. Only time it should come to the front unbidden is if a call comes in - and even then, if the users clicks to decline the call, it should go away again without further intervention. (At least, by default! By all means make it a settable option! :)

2. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi
    Before explaining, please read the following article I found related to HTC One (there are also two video clips, the second shows better the HTC One's issue)

HTC One X breaks Android multi-tasking
    Unfortunately, HTC seems to have broken Android multi-tasking with the One X. HTC has implemented very aggressive memory management that once you switch to a different application, the previous application you are using is deleted from memory. The only apps that remain active in the background are HTC built in apps.
    http://mobileraptor.blogspot.com/2012/05/htc-one-x-multi-tasking-broken.html

Now... To improve its connectivity, 3CXPhone 2.x added an additional "service" - consider it as a re-launcher over an improved 1.3.4. This because Android restart a "service", but not an "application". Therefore, everytime 3CXPhone crashes or get killed by OS, Android will restart the "service" which, in turn, will launch the "app" - that's why it pops-up.
    In a future version, we will fix this but, at this moment, due to the multitasking issue described in the article, from my point of view HTC One is the last suitable device for 3CXPhone (moreover, it may decide to kill the 3CXPhone while in a call).

Regards
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ccomley

THanks for the feedback Vali - I look forward to you cracking the problem. Sadly HTC are one of the big boys so (a) good luck getting THEM to change and (b) it's going to crop up a lot, I fear.

Perhaps a list of handsts on the 3CX wbsite with nots on "issues" with particular combinations...?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.