v2.0.5- No sound on external calls with Xoom

Discussion in 'Android' started by ALS, Sep 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ALS

ALS

Device Info
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Phone Model: [Motorola Xoom]
    Firmware Version: [2.6.39.4-gfd343aa kernal version, running android 4.1.1 (jellybean)]
    Also same issue with HTC Hero on Wifi (phone is not on me right now)

Issue Info
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Handset:
    Contacts: [Local]
    Connection: [WiFi]
    Server: [External]

3CX works perfectly on my laptop using wifi. Using my Xoom or HTC Hero on wifi works fine for calling internal extensions, but I have no sound when making an external call. Have tried changing the play/record buffers to -1 and mic gain to 1 with no result. Pretty sure it is not a firewall issue because my laptop works fine on the same wifi network.

Any ideas?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Off hand..Be sure that the SIP devices are all not using the same port number (5060?), when working with the same provider, on the same LAN. This has been known to cause audio issues depending on the router involved. Some routers are better of keeping track of devices (and where to send the audio ports) than others.

Have you tried using the phone at another hotspot?

3. ALS

ALS

Yes, multiple wifi networks were tried, and only one SIP phone is in use.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

This means what, that the person that you are calling cannot hear you, or that you hear no sound? If the person at the far end cannot hear you, can you confirm that you get sidetone (hear your own voice, a bit), in the phone earpiece). If that can't be heard, then there may be an incompatibility , not unheard of, or another application, that is preventing the audio (mic) from being used. have you attempted to use a Bluetooth headset, worth a shot if you have one.

Obviously, if you've read through the forums, you would have seen that others have had issues when trying the App with phones that it has not been tested on. Unfortunately, this can be expected given the vast combination of operating system versions and customization that the different manufacturers bring to the table, not to mention programmes that you have added.

As I've suggested to others, first try disabling any other apps you have running, especially ones you've installed.

5. ALS

ALS

Both, I cannot hear them and they cannot hear me. I don't have anything else loaded on this Xoom besides the Facebook app...the Xoom has been tested with this version and listed as supported in the stickied thread at the top. Been troubleshooting this for hours :(

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Are you using this as a 3CX extension (with the PBX), or with a VoIP provider? It seems a bit suspicious that this is happening with two phones especially if one is definitely supported (tested). Almost appears to be a network (settings?) issue, given that there is no audio whatsoever.

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If all else fails, you may have to resort to the use of Wireshark, which may give you some clues as to what is happening.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.