V3.0.2328.0 PSTN Gateway Lines lost bug?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by GlobalNemesis, Jul 9, 2007.

1. GlobalNemesis

Hi,
    Just upgraded from v3.0.1928.0 to V3.0.2328.0.

I had a Grandstream GW4104 configured with 1 "active" line and 3 "disabled" lines.
    After the upgrade everything was OK except that only the 1 "active" line showed in the Line Status page, no evidence of the other 3 "disabled" lines could be found. :eek:

I deleted the GW from the "Manage GW" section and attempted to re-create it with the 4 lines it supports.
    Attempting to re-create it with the original "virtual extension" range I got "extension already exists". :?
    The "disabled" FX0 ports appear registered somewhere in the Db, but cannot be accessed or removed, even after deleting the original GW and rebooting.

I succeeded in re-configuring the GW, but only after re-creating with a different "virtual extension" range.

Is there a way to cleanse the Db to re-gain the lost extensions?

2. nickybrg

nickybrg Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

I perfectly understand you - in 1928 we had an issue that during an upgrade, the gateway is deleted but some lines are not hence the DB becomes incomplete. You have inherited this bug from the old version. The best thing I can do is ask you to send me a backup of your pbx, i will check it and see if I can clean it up and send it to you. It is a known error that has been fixed in later versions and we never managed to replicate it again. And this does not happen all the time by the way. I am still escalating this issue to the developers. In the meantime send me that backup and we'll see what we can do.

3. gregitx

I have just had the same problem, backed up ipx and then uninstalled old version and installed new version - imported old database and wham only 1 pstn line - currently using a SPA400 with 3 lines enabled.
    Had to delete and re-create with new line numbers

4. nickybrg

nickybrg Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

Yes - it is a known issue. However it has been sorted in the new version. And the line can be re-created with the original extensions you provided in the first place .. only after the DB is cleaned and traces of the old line are deleted completely. I have escalated this issue to the Development team and they are looking into it.

5. gregitx

Also found to-day that we keep losing the ability to transfer calls to other extensions - all come back as busy when dialed
    Yet can dial them to make internal call, never had this problem with previous version.
    we are using Linksys SPA941 phones

Have gone back to old version and all is ok again

6. 3CXsupport

3CXsupport New Member
    3CX Staff

Hi gregitx.

Could you elaborate on that ? You said you are 'loosing' the ability to transfer calls ?

If you can proivde verbose logs for this it would be good to see what is the cause.

7. gregitx

sorry have allready deleted and re-installed old version