Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

V3.6 (14.0.57)-One way audio

Discussion in 'Android' started by karlinoz, Dec 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karlinoz

Device Info
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Phone Model: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
    Firmware Version:
    AP: G935FXXU1BPJG
    CP: G935FXXU1BPK4
    CSC: G935FXSA1BPHC
    Model: SM-G935F​
    Android Version: 6.0.1

Issue Info
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Handset: No audio in earspeaker. Audio is only being delivered one-way. The person on the other end of the call can hear audio from the device's mic but the speaker in the device does not play audio from the other end (complete silence).
    The handset speaker does work because the user can take Mobile calls on the device.
    Happens on both internal and external calls.

• Have tried switching Audio codecs on the device, tried setting G722, G711Law, G711uLaw, GSM as the primary codec in turn. No effect.
    • Tried setting TCP Transport option to on - no effect
    • Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app - no effect
    • Tried reprovisioning the phone - no effect
    • In the 3CX Server Manager (PBX) tried setting the option Extensions->[User's Extension]->Other(tab)
      PBX Delivers Audio option to ON and both Supports Re-Invite and Support 'Replaces' header to OFF. - no effect
    • Tried switching to device speaker (speaker icon on 3CX app) - no effect
    Can anyone tell me what other steps I can take in troubleshooting this please? Are there any tools I can use and/or logs I can check?

TIA
    Karl

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

What are you using for a data connection? If it has just been 3/4G up to this point then turn that off and try Wifi. Try this from both a remote hotspot and on the same LAN as the 3CX server. Try using enabling and using the tunnel to see if that makes a difference. If it does then it suggests some ports carrying the audio packet are being blocked somewhere as the tunnel sends all through one port (with the possible exception of Presence information).

3. ALuisPV

Hi karlinoz ,

I had this same issue a time ago with 3CX Phone for Android (I don't remember the concrete version). I tried many configurations but any of these configurations solve the problem.

Finally I tried deleting files associated to the 3CX Phone for Android App (from "Settings" --> "Applications" in my phone). After this, I uninstalled completily the 3CX Phone for Android App. Once uninstalled, I installed again the App from Google Play. I provisioned again with the welcome email and the problem was solved.

I didn't know what could be the reason of the issue in my case (similar to your case) but doing this, I fixed the problem. You can try to do it (you don't lose anything).

Best Regards.

4. karlinoz

Thanks for your response leejor. All my testing was done on WiFi. Good point, I can try over 4G and see if using the tunnel makes any difference.

5. karlinoz

Thanks for your response too ALuisPV, I did uninstall/reinstall the app but didn't clear the data and cache first. I'll give that a go.

6. ALuisPV

great karlinoz!. I'll wait for your news.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.