v3.6288 bug list..

Discussion in 'Windows' started by DeWild1, May 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeWild1

First off, damn good work. I can not even comprehend all the work and code that goes into what you do. 8)

Things are working very stable on the phone system and sound is great! Good job on update that came out a month or two ago.
    Sadly I just realized I am on 7.1.6391.0 and I should be on 7.1.7139.0 but the 7.1.6391.0 is working well. I will upgrade this weekend.
    I hope the following bugs are not realated to me not having the newest phone system software! :roll: :oops:

Bug 1. Not every call is going through still. Before 3.6288 it was much worse. Now its better.
    Normally, I never run the tunnel. The built in one (or whatever) worked. I recently tried something new... I found that setting the tunnel to my phone systems external IP address and enabeling the tunnel, seemed to let more phone calls get to the 3.6288 VOIP client better. I don't have exact numbers for you but before 3.6288 i would guess 4 out or 10 would go through. After 3.6288 6 out of 10 would go through. And now with the tunnel eneabled, it seems to be about 7 out of 10.
    I know they are not ringing because I am just doing a digital receptionist now that has no recording, (using Empty.mp3) and then it just transfers to my ring group that rings everyone. I would sit there and the phone would not ring for me or any of my guys and then I would get a voice mail. Voicemail happeneds after it has rang through two ring groups and at the end, it goes to a VM box that sends us an email. But the phone never rang... :roll: :shock: :cry:

Bug 2.
    When we get a second call while we are on the first call, the first call gets put on hold, and then the plantronics - BT earpeice goes dead and then sometimes starts to ring again, but the end result with the confusion factor, is we lose one or both of the calls.

Bug 3. Ok, well, this one is not really a bug, :mrgreen: :p , but just me whining that there is no extentions with the "light phone"..
    I whined about it before, but someone deleted the whole post so I did not see the reply.. I know there was talk about this "phone" version is simple and light, and the other version is bla, bla, bla.. But my advice is to keep it simple but have a fold out expantion that allows extensions etc., and I am worried that the cool BT - Plantronics abilities to answer - hang up the call all via the BT buttons will not work on the version with the extentions and I am worried that the other versions will have to be restarted constantly to recieve calls.. (well, that is how I remeber it but I have not tried it for a while and its not on your DL section anymore)..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. DeWild1

Also, about 1 or 2 times a day, it will lock up durring an incoming call. I have never seen it happen in front of me,so it must be durring idle time, when no one is around. I have seen it on about 4 different computers, just displaying the incoming phone number, and not responding if your try to close it etc.

PS, I am sorry I did not read the last post about the extension addidion question-debate before it was deleted... I will check everyday now so you and I will not waist time writing and replying. Plus, we are starting to get real busy and my guys and girls are bitching about the above bugs a - lot. :|

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. DeWild1

This is from last week, when I came back to my wifes laptop after leaving it for an hour or two.
    Attachment_1
    I upgraded to the latest version of the phone server yesterday.
    I only seemed to have missed one call this morning. I will let you know as the day goes by. I only have 2 other techs working today, but I will ask them to keep records.
    Attachment_2

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      29.2 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      150.5 KB
      Views:
  4. DeWild1

Seem to be getting more calls with last update.

I still need to know about this because we need to be able to see the second call coming in, and decied if we want it.. Having BOTH calls get lost is not ok.
    Also, when we have a call, it seems that when we click transfer, then the ext, then the green phone, it does not always work. Sometimes the call gets lost and it just sits there for like 10 seconds and then the calls die.

When we get these issues worked out, we will buy your software and start selling it. We are getting great results with our nationwide campaine. 8)

5. DeWild1

Just talking to myself, but, here is some more feedback. :mrgreen:

Also, after newest phone server update, there seems to be a longer delay with voice. Maybe 1/2 second more than the 7.1.6391.0 one.

6. DeWild1

My guys are saying we are getting many more calls with the tunnel set up that weird way, but hey, its definitely better. 8 or 9 out of ten calls go through. I had two guys call me from reading my posts here. One said they were having trouble getting calls on the 3.288 too and the other said they were having the other trouble I had until I switched servers and updated your server software.
    Maybe it does not like duel CPUs?? All the other computers I tested on had duel CPUs and the one it is on now is just a P4, 3.2 Ghz 1 gig, $300 computer with a 2003 server OS on it. :lol:

I tried to help him.
    The only thing we have trouble with now are the issues listed here and the extra lag in voice calls. (also mentioned above)
    One thing I have not mentioned and it is so very small, I feel its petty, but hey while you are in there coding, :roll: , while I am listening to music, (plantronics 880 with music going through the BT that is built in my phone, and I am using the Plantronics BT USB for the phone calls, amazingly, it works great), and a call comes in that my other guys answer first or I miss, the music does not start playing again automaically.
    If I answer, and talk for a few seconds, it works perfect.
    I know, so small, and all I have to do is dial an extension, then hang up or close 3cx, and reopen to get music going again, but I thought you should know. :mrgreen:

I feel like a crazy homeless guy,,, I am just talking to myself.. Is there anyone home?

7. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I've tested the plantronics earpiece and as far as i remember, i also had problems with the Plantronics Ringing Unstopably when i put a call on hold and another call came in.
    Unfortunately it's a problem in the way the plantronics work.

8. DeWild1

Thank you for your reply.

I had a new issue today too. I have it set to

PBX Delivers Audio, off
    Support Re-Invites, off
    Support Replaces Headers, off
    and Use PBX detection so it should not ring if its busy.
    I had two calls come in, about 2 seconds apart, I answerd one, it just rang and rang in my ear, then I switched to the second line, ringing stoped, and was able to switch between lines but when I transferd one the audio got killed so when I tried to pick up the second one, it would not pick back up.

Keep up the good work, I am just trying to help make it even better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.