v3 - multiple issues, help

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by shane, Apr 8, 2007.

1. shane

I've installed v3, and spent a few hours last night uninstalling and reinstalling it, each time getting different behaviour, it seems the latest behaviour has stuck for the last few installations:

not working well with my grandstream ATA. I configured 3cx to send calls directly to extension 1 (ATA), no in or out sound to external call.. when I put an IVR in between, it works ok.
    Internal calls (between grandstream 486 ATA & Grandstream Budgetone) work ok.

Calls are dropped apparently at random.

problem with placing outbound calls (from either extension), depending on the number being called, either:

I will hear ringing sound with external number never ringing, or

Log message: "Can not resolve target for call from "Ext1"<sip:101@10.1.1.11;user=phone>;tag=6e8ee707a1880891 to <sip:xxxyyyy@10.1.1.11;user=phone>"

or log message: "??: from 'SKSVR:0/MediaServer':possible firewall problem. Address mapping failed on STUN server 80.239.235.209:3478 for local address ":9002""

or, I will hear nothing for a period of time until I am eventually disconnected.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok

How are your extentsion configured?

It appears that you have them configured as external under the advanced settings for each extensios.

When you configure the extensions as external (should not needed as they are on the same Lan segment by the looks of it) the call is "routed" externally from a 3cX point of view an that is when it uses the port 9002 (range 9000 -9003).

If you set the extensions to route internally it will use the port range 7000 - 7500. What I hope is that it does not need the STUN and avoids the NAT issues.

Hope this helps.

Henk.

3. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Sounds like you have networking problems. Could be your network configuration, misconfiguration of the ATA or firewalls in between.

Start by disabling all firewalls and test between soft phones, i.e without ATA first.

Dont uninstall or re-install, this does not help fixing the problem.