v4128 install on XP Home and Vista Premium

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by lonestar.computer, Feb 20, 2008.

1. lonestar.computer

I have a brand new Vista Premium system out of the box.

I have been having several stability issues on the previous system (XP Home) so I upgraded to Vista Premium on a new platform. After talking with Deerfield support this morning I was advised to upgrade to 5.1. I was on 5.0.3752.0.

I backed up my files and clicked on the new installer program. It told me I had to uninstall the old program first. I did this and then ran the 5.1 installer again. It gets about 99% complete and then says there is a windows installer problem and to contact my installer provider. It then rolls back the installation.

Now I have no phone system.

I then tried reinstalling the old version, reapplied the backups and all is back to normal.

Apparently 5.1 does not work on Vista Premium??

2. lonestar.computer

Re: v4128 install fails - no phone system

OK - after some panic I reinstalled version 5.0.3752.0 back onto the system and applied the backup. All is back to normal except that I cannot seem to get to 5.1.

3. landfiets

landfiets New Member

Try uninstalling 5.0 first before updating it. Then try to get all the registry details out by Ccleaner or Regedit from the old version. Restart the windows vista
    Then install it with 5.1 in a different location than 5.0 inlcuding the backup.

That could be a simple solution which helped me before.

4. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Lonestar, you are trying to install 3CX Phone System on Windows XP Home?? The manual clearly states you need XP Pro and Vista Business. XP home does not even have basic windows networking.

5. igor.snezhko

igor.snezhko Active Member

I dont think that you cannot use Windows XP HOME. Why not? All that you need is a Windows Socket. My 3CX box work perfectly on Windows XP HOME on 20 users.
    The only difference between HOME and PRO is lack of Windows AD support. But I dont want to join 3CX box to my domain :D

Just dont forget to change setting like "Take more system resources to background services" at Control Panel > System > Advansed (Im using non English version)

6. hagesol

I have the same problem. I run vista home premium 32 bit and have a admin-account. I tried to run ccleaner and install to a new map., but get the same error-message. Now i don't have 5.0 or 5.1 3cx PBX, and have a huge problem.

Any help out there?

lars

7. bluefox8080

bluefox8080 New Member

On Vista(any version),

Right click the 3cx installer and select "Run as Administrator"

That will fix it

8. bluefox8080

bluefox8080 New Member

Nick, You are thinking about Windows XP Basic. Home does have networking but with the exception that you can not join it to a windows domain.
    Anyway, the "Run as Administrator" option as described above will fix Lonestar's problem.

9. hagesol

Thanks bluefox8080! :D Now I have install 3cx 5.1

lars

10. bluefox8080

bluefox8080 New Member

11. savagekoalauk

I have Vista Home Basic on laptop - there is no "Run as Administrator" option :? yet there usually would be. Weird :!:

12. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Home basic is not suitable for running network applications, and has not been tested with 3CX