v5.1 Beta comments

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Pentangle, Feb 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pentangle

Pentangle Member

v5.1 Beta comments & bugs, please use this thread to list what you find in v5.1 Beta.

#1 - The settings restore in v5.1 is more verbose than normal, but it looks like it's crashed at some point as it's a lot slower than before. It does complete successfully eventually however.
    #2 - The settings restore asks you to restart the 3CX PhoneSystem service - couldn't this be done by the software itself?
    #3 - The license key for the original server is not carried across into the update. This could be pretty disastrous for a company that doesn't keep a list of such things handy (luckily we do). I assume the next versions will include this? or at least they won't knock it out as they apparently don't need an uninstall?
    #4 - It would be useful, when provisioning phones, that the phone provisioning URL was shown on the provisioning page, so that it can be cut&pasted into the phone.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. eddietang

I am just upgrading from v5.0 to v5.1 and for those of you who want to try this upgrade, you will need to uninstall your previous version before you can install v5.1.

BUT before you uninstall your previous version, please remeber to perform a backup of your current config. And try not to back up your call history as part of your overall backup as it will take a very long time to restore. I would advise you to take a back up of the call history separately from the rest of your config.

3. kate

The EXT. can not forward to outside number with DR !!! :shock:

Did anyone find this bug ??

4. landfiets

landfiets New Member

Yes Kate, when you search in this forum you see that several postings from me or other people are allready pointing into this direction. We hope the 3CX team will soon come with a solution, since this is very important for us all.
    In the mean time, keep searching posts about this problem and look into it if you did everything you could to try and let it work.
    There a few people who have it running I believe.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.