V5 - how to choose which ID to use to make a call

Discussion in 'Windows' started by TotallyVoIP, Oct 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TotallyVoIP

Just installed the latest V5 beta, and I want to be able to choose which Id (ext) to use to make a call.
    I have 4 active extentions/ID's but want to use Ext A for a call, then make another call from ext B.
    right now I can;t see how to choose which should be used.
    It appears that the top Extension in th elist is used, but you can't even move the order of them to change it ...

If you click the ID (top right of the "screen") it takes you to the config panel. maybe this could instead rotate through the ID's in the same way that the Avail/DND/Auto ans etc does?

or did I just miss something really obvious?

thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that you could still only register one extension at a time. Is this not still the case?

3. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Silverfall
    If I properly understood - to select an ACTIVE account when dialing you only have to click the line button until you will get desired one. So, if you have configured accounts A, B, C, D, but only A,B,D active (checked), when clicking the line1 button repeatedly you will get A, then B, then D, then A, B, D and so on. This applies, obviously, to any line1-5.
    Hope it helps.
    Regards
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi, Leejor
    Starting with Beta 5, 3CXPhone supports simultaneously registered accounts, see the message above. If anything else is unclear, please ask me.
    Regards
    vali

5. TotallyVoIP

thanks guys
    in a training session with Kevin (3CX) who has just told me the same answer ... but he had to ask himself (not today, previously) !!
    it would be nice if it was the top right id that you clicked to do this and the config menu remained a right click, but hey, I'll go to ideas and post a request!

thanks again

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.