Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

v6.0 and public IP

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by TrystanJ, Jul 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrystanJ

Hello,
    I just downloaded version 6.x and am trying to configure it with my GRNVoip, my VOIP provider.
    I am unable to pass the firewall test because I have the server connected to a public IP. I am trying to avoid buying a router just to put this in the DMZ. I know this has worked before, with a previous version, but now, it no longer works.
    Because I am unable to pass the firewall test, it appears that I am unable to connect to my VOIP Provider.
    My VOIP provider authenticates via IP, so I chose Generic SIP Trunk. It still asks for a username, probably a bug, but I am still unable to connect to them.

Has anyone found a solution to this problem?

2. Philco

Philco Member

Hi Tristan. I would suggest you have a look at making sure the at all the relevent ports on the firewall and the sever PC are open, particularly the PC.

I've certainly had some interesting times with a server behind NAT where the router itself was not port forwarding all the relevant traffic even though it was set up to do so. (see my posts elsewhere on that)

I've never had any issue with the server on a public IP and my test set up is actually on a public IP and has always got accross the firewall, even though the test says fail because there is no NAT.

Phil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.