• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

V6 central phonebook with SNOM - how?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jandings

Reaction score
latest V6/Enterprise/SNOM 320 phones

Sry, can't find anything about this in the documentation: V6 is supposed to support a central phonebook that can be searched from a SNOM (or other) phone. Great! But how? I guess I have to teach my SNOM how to contact 3CX to browse through the entries everytime you push the phonebook button... or is this feature just an auto-provisioning of phone-book entries during boot up of the phone? Then there would still be the 100-entry-limit for SNOMs applicable...

Thanks for any hint!

I've just been trying to do this myself. It seems the only way to do it is to use auto-provisioning. Just follow the instructions on the following page - it's pretty easy. The Snom phones will then use the phonebook from the 3CX server instead of their own internal directories.

http://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/Snom-provisioning.html

As far as I can see though, there doesn't seem to be a way of populating the 3CX phone book except by typing in all the entries manually. I don't think there's an import option unless anyone knows otherwise?

Glenn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.