v7 Call Queue

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by peterbunn, Sep 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peterbunn

What is the actual call strategy for the call queue in v7? I'm having some issues with it, and it's confusing the HELL outta me.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

As far as i remember it's something like:

Hunt: Ring the first Extension in the Queue list for the give amount of time you want it to, then go to the next do the same...etc...etc.

Is that what you wanted to know?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. peterbunn

You see.. You can't set it in v7.. and I have a problem with it not ringing the first extension in the que.. I want it to ring the first extension in the que everytime and if it isn't available then to go to the next extension and so on.. It's currently not doing that.. It just picks @ random which extension to go to.

4. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I think for some time in Version7 we changed the Strategies quite a few times because of some feature requests.
    In Version 7 the behavior of "Hunt" is to Ring a new Member every time a call comes to the Queue

But in Version 8 we made sure to add seperate Rules for all Strategies.
    There's:
    Hunt Random Start
    Hunt
    Ring All

5. peterbunn

Why is there then an option to arrange the Agents in the Call Queue?

6. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

This is available in v8, which will be released in the coming days. You can already download RC2

7. peterbunn

Can you not help me out now? As I tried to give that excuse to my boss and he wasn't having any of it :( I know that v8 is coming soon but my boss keeps on complaining at me that it can't be fixed..

Don't worry.. I'll just ignore him till friday ;)

8. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

The feature is only available in v8, so unfortunately he will have to wait :) We will release by today/monday...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.