V7 install on XP Pro x64

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by dantell, Feb 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dantell

I installed the latest version on a brand new x64 XP Pro box with IIS installed. I restored my v6 system on it and it all seemed to go pretty well. I had to tweak a few things, but all in all it was good. I tried to check voicemail and got the error "ivr problem - sorry - hang up". I then tried to leave voicemail and got the same error.

I loaded the IIS admin via MMC and saw that the installer had loaded the /management and /myphone virtual directories off of the default website and created a new website for /ivr. I know from past experience that IIS on XP will not allow multiple websites to be active simultaneously. You can't even create them from the MMC. You can create them via script which the installer does i'm assuming.

I am thinking that if it had built a virtual directory for /ivr everything would have worked. I would really rather not run cassini as my web server, but i had to remove 3cx and reinstall it with cassini to get voicemail working again. I didnt want to go back to v6 either.

I've seen this error on other posts with no real resolutions in my searching. Does this work on XP32 somehow, is it configured correctly to work that way?

many thanks,

2. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi

how are your iis settings configured?

Do you have the management console and myphone under the default website and a separate website for IVR? this is how it should be on XP64.

Can you send us verbose logs of your pbx? Send them to nb@3cx.com directly.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. dantell

Yes this is the way its installed.

Default Website = Virtual Dirs (/management, /myphone)

IVR website

the IVR website will not start when the default website it active. I've mailed the install log to that email address.

Thanks,
    David

4. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Please note that XP pro 64 is not a supported platform. I recommend using either XP 32bit or else Vista if you are using 64 bit....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.