Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

V7 multiple email address for voicemail notification

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by dantell, Feb 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dantell

after installing v7 i noticed i couldnt get multiple email addresses to save in the notification for voicemail. I had it configured this way for an extension before and it was ok. I searched through the v7 docs and didnt see any examples. I tried a combination with addresses separated by spaces, commas, colons, semi-colons, spaces between the email addresses and the punctuation nothing would save. Is this still possible?

many thanks

2. alexmallia

alexmallia New Member
    3CX Support

Hi

You can only notify one email address which is the address specified in the mailbox configuration of the mailbox which recieved the voice mail.

regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. instantexpert

Depending on your email system, it is a relatively common feature to have distribution groups or email aliases that can point to multiple addresses.

For example, my faxes come intot faxes@mycompany.com and are then redirected to everyone in my company. If you don't have that as an option, something like a google groups or yahoo groups would allow you to setup a distribution list which every email you need could be subscribed to that list and then send the VM to the group email.

Good luck,
    Leon

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ndl

ndl

this will not work if you are using exchange 2007 UM, for us only notifications to user addresses worked not to group addresses

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.