• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

v7 refusing my license key after 6.1 upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

pierre.bln

Reaction score
Hi,

I tried to install the v7 over my v6.1.
I did as planned: backed up content from 6.1, then deinstalled, then installed v7 from scratch.

Issue, is, every time I try to register my key (Small Business Edition) for the v7, it tells me that my key is accepted and that is has to restart... the problem is, if I restart the server, my key is lost (I'm back to the "FREE" version).
That happens even if I don't restart the server, but also as soon as i leave the registration tab in my web browser (if I just click on any other page - like viewing extension statuses - and then go back to registration tab: back to FREE version).

I've tried everything: entering key before restoring v6.1 backup, after restore, or without restarting server, with restarting computer... I bought this v6 license 3 weeks ago (with a 1 year upgrade insurance that I now don't need because i'm in the one-month window :evil: ), is there anything I should do to make my key work with v7? Like write to my 3CX reseller to get a new key, or to 3CX directly to redeem an update right?
Again, all this is very strange, because I always get the message that my registration is accepted...just before it disappears!

Thanks Matt, for the v8, that what what I was secretly hoping ;-)

as for my registration issue, I'll ask my reseller. It does however remind me to change a bad habit I have: do not update as soon as a new version is released, at least not for software/hardware actually used in production environments.

Hello,

I suggest you to install 3CX with cassini and try again to activate your NFR key.
It resolved the problem for us with our Demo key and for a reseller with his NFR key.

Regards,
Philippe.

Hi

For production purposes we recommend you use IIS. To solve the activation, you need to add the ASPNet user to the Power users group. Once done restart IIS and 3CX services and try to activate.

William400 said:
Hi

To solve the activation, you need to add the ASPNet user to the Power users group. Once done restart IIS and 3CX services and try to activate.
I`m sorry, can you please reformulate in less technical terms? I have a simple install on windows Xp pro (logged in as admin), and I feel bad to admit I do not understand what you mean by "ASPNet user" and "adding to power users".

EDIT: PROBLEM SOLVED
Thanks William, Google answered my question towards implementing your solution

Just in case people (with limited knowledge just as me :lol: ) encounter the same problemm here is how to solve issue (translations in English are maybe not exact,I'm using a German Windows XP Pro):
- Go to control panel > Administration tools >Computer administration > Local users and groups column > Local users
- Double-click on Membership, and add rights to the ASPnet user

To add something with what you said for other people who may have the same problem:

After Adding rights ASPNET as a member of the Power users group go to
Start\Run\Services.msc and restart the IIS admin Service.

This happens only on XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tammy_53
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.