• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

V8 IVR stopped answering

Status
Not open for further replies.

jharrell

Reaction score
Not a good day for 3cx here.

We upgraded to V8 Friday, all seemed to go well.

This morning got reports we weren't getting any calls, customers getting upset, but outbound calls are no problem. I tried calling in from my cell, just rings, no IVR pickup.

Thought it was the Grandstream 4104, rebooted, the same.

Looked at 3cx admin console, noticed the System extensions for the IVR where not regeistered. Looked at services, IVR running, restarted it, IVR now working and answering properly.

IVR Logs show these errors repeating during the time it wasn't answering (phone numbers readacted):

17:07:12.519|8868|(0):Error! Module '3CX.com.OSBinet'. Error ID 302. URLhttp://localhost:5484/(S(xt3n2hrct2uwtz550xss0pep))/dr.aspx?dr=806&to=806&from=XXXXXXXXXX
17:07:43.488|8868|.\api\VXItelImpl.cpp(148):IvrDll, VXItelImpl::Impl::IntrnTransfer(), Error! Error of 'From_XXXXXXXXXX_To_806_Menu_806_#0/62' session transferring to sip:[email protected]:5060. Status: NEAR_END_DISCONNECT. Transfer error. Session stopped

1. Any Ideas?
2. Can we have the inbounds fall back to an operator extension should the IVR not pickup for any reason?
3. Any plans to have a watchdog service to monitor and restart any hung 3cx service, or perhaps on a schedule? We may setup a nightly restart of the IVR service as we did with the fax service in V7 because of stability issues.

We may revert back to V7 if this happens again, as the upgrade to V8 was for stability improvements(specifically with fax), but the IVR is critical and never had issues in V7.

I think I have answered #2 for myself. There seems to be no way to put a Digital receptionist in a ring group ahead of a normal extension. I tired making a extension with forward all rule to the Digital receptionist, but ring group consider such an extension unavailable and move to the next in the list.

While I understand the reasoning trying to hard coded workflow like this, it seems to stifle flexibility, since even though a digital receptionist is really just and extension answered by a program instead of a person, it cannot be treated as an extension in all cases.

I would suggest at least some sort of fall back code in the core service that if it tries to connect to an IVR extension and fails it will route the call to the operator extension. While the IVR should never crash, I assume you guys made it a separate service because of the possibility in may fail and you did not want it to take down the core phone system service with it.

I have exactly the same problem except a reboot of the services won't work.

Also to note that the voicemail extension is not registered either.

OK they are now back up about 5 mins after the services restarting.

Very weird but and a little worrying at the same time :)

Steve

We too had the exact same problem ...the phone system wouldn't answer for external users. We also just upgraded to v8. I went in and checked the Service Status in the managment console and it showed a status of something like "Stop pending" on the 3cx Voice Mail Manager service. This is the first glitch we've had since the upgrade. I just restarted the services from the management console and that cleared things right up. Any suggestings on things I can look at to determine the problem? Thanks much.

Well this just happened again, of course sometime over the long weekend, so who knows how long we where down.

We won't be putting up with this much longer, as incoming calls are kinda important to our business. At minimum looks like we will need to develop a scheduled service restart daily, which should be built in IMO.

Also seems the fax service reverted to its old ways of not wanting to restart and needing a process kill.

Here is the extension list once we found the IVR was not answering:

Here is the service list after a restart of all of them, notice the fax service hung at "Stop Pending", was that way for 10min berfore we killed it:

After the service restart all was fine again...

Attachments

• extensions.JPG
    extensions.JPG
    158.4 KB · Views: 1,344
  • services.JPG
    services.JPG
    144.7 KB · Views: 1,344
I have had similar issues with win7 and casini - switched to IIS at the recommendation of 3cx support, and so far (3 days) it's been OK.

Symptom was the 3cx webserver service encoutered an error, and stopped. Not sure if that's the same as yours, or not - but if it is the event logs tell the tale.

- Les.

You know, I had a similar problem, but I don't have any lines going to an IVR at the moment. Just going to a ring group. When making a call in, it would say there was an error with the IVR. Wife tried calling the voicemail extension and received the same error. Looked at the services and noticed the webserver had stopped. Decided to just restart the database service, which restarts everything. Everything restarted fine. Windows XP obviously running Casini.

We may try to use IIS instead of Cassini, although most of the documentation alludes to Cassini being the more stable choice since it is controlled by 3cx and isolated from other web apps.

In every instance this has happened the web sites in Cassini seem fine but the IVR service itself seems to go offline. I thought the IVR services was essentially a client to the web site, browsing it and turning it into voice, kinda like a web browser, and if the web site goes down the IVR service will actually say "Error in the Ivr, Sorry", we don't get that, the IVR just isn't there.

So far we have setup a service restart every night and things seem to have stabilized. We had to do this with just the fax service in V7 to keep it running, now we are simply restarting most of the 3cx services.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.