• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

v9 limitation on forwarding rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

dohabandit

Reaction score
I am using the freebie version at home (partially to get familiar with the product since I have licensed version at work and I would rather break my phone system at home...)

Anyway, I upgraded from v8 to v9 and one of the features that I was using is now limited and broke the functionality that I was enjoying in v8. Call Forwarding rules are now limited to 15 custom exception rules.

What I was doing was having calls coming from the PSTN (via a SPA3102) route to an extension that I was using for the purpose of filtering out unwanted calls or setting some call discipline. I could selectively based on the inbound CallerID:
1) route calls to my ring group which would ring my analog phones in the house, my 3cx phone on PC's, and my Acrobits softphone on my iphone.
2) selectively send calls to voicemail afterhours unless from a small group of numbers, (don't wake the baby!)
3) route everyone else that is an unknown number to an IVR that informs them that we don't take solicitation calls, but give them the opportunity to ring-thru after menu selection (but still enforce calling hours to not wake the baby)

This was working great in v8, but version 9 limits me to 15 calls in the custom forwarding exceptions. Well, I have more than 15 caller ID's and rules that I need to add...

Why the limit? Is there any way to get around this limitation?

I can't see a reason for the 15 rule limitation, seems the documentation says this is the new limit in v9.

I guess I am left with having to forward inbound calls to a chain of extensions with different rules on each, if no custom exception matches it forwards to the next, and so on until the last one sets the final disposition of the call.

Blacklist is nice, but what I would really like to have is ability to generate multiple lists that contain caller ID's and then use those defined lists in rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murad88
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.