Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

V9 voicemail errata** tone set

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by LeonidasG, Jul 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Re: V9 voicemail errata

This delay is due to the new Abyss Webserver. If the phonesystem / ivr remains inactive for a few hours, then the phonesystem / ivr needs some time to pre-chache the Voice Prompts before being used again.

It doesn't abruptly end the call just like that.
    It clearly says "Message saved", then ends the call. I think that's acceptable to be honest, but if you think it SHOULD say "Goodbye" it can be easily added, or you can modify it yourself by merging the "Message saved" and "Goodbye" prompts together with an audio editing program.

Some PBX's may simply "abruptly " have you re-record your message without any warning prompt.
    I'd consider this a feature, not a bug. I don't see this changing any time soon.

This is just a followup of the Re-Record post you made above.
    Honestly i think the current way this is implemented serves it's purpose. When you press 1 to re-record it simply asks you to record your message again. This isn't a bug, it's a good functioning solution.
    - I can't think of a person that would be confused from this.

Can you explain this in more detail? You mean that when a phone disconnects from the Voice mail, the call is not disconnected? Please explain.

Never heard of this feature before, it could have some advantages, but in the big majority of phonesystems i know you would simply leave another Voicemail to the user.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Here's a workaround to your issue, try it out and let me know how it goes.
    http://www.3cx.com/forums/v9-very-long-delay-on-vm-response-16136.html

I'll check this out, maybe we can get this to be a bit more consistent.
    Not guaranteeing anything 100% though.

This requires some changing in the Voice Mail / IVR structure and such changes can break the ivr functionality, that's why i'm being hesitant in such changes. I'll see if something can be done about this, but again no guarantees here either.

We've never seen this behavior, this could be phone / firmware specific behavior.
    Could you give your phone a firmware upgrade and also tell me what phone's you're using?

Well, you can always try this in the Feature Request section, if it gets a lot of feedback it will probably get added in a future release.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. comresource

comresource Member

By chance are you using a Cisco SPA series phone?

I ran into something similar. This is fixed by a slight tweak. More info here

https://www.myciscocommunity.com/thread/6310?tstart=75

4. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

This is not supposed to happen.
    You should just hang up your handset and the vloicail recording will be stopped, saved and call leg will be disconnected.

If you have this behavior there is something wrong.
    As the previous link that commresource posted, you need to ask certain questions as to why this is happening.

Does this happen on internal calls (ext to ext leaving voicemail) ?
    If no then you will probably identify that the calls are coming in from external lines Inbound to the voicemail server. Find the gateway in between (Analog, isdn, voip provider) and start ruling out. If you have analog gateway, I would blame that first. Not the device itself but how it is configured.

This is extremely common problem in Analog gateways. This is when the link below kicks in. Maybe disconnect tone is not configured. Reorder tone, etc. What gateway do you have in between?

What is very common is the following - I get device plug it in my network, and plug a line. OK I can make calls. Perfect.
    Call comes in from telco to my line. Call is answered - OK. Caller disconnects call. Telco disconnects call (sends BYE) in a frequency/cadence XXX. But gateway does not understand this because it came out of the factory intended to be shipped to Telco ZZZ in the States and it is set to disconnect tone YYYY. So it is ignored therefore it does not drop the call.

To solve this you need to contact your telco, bring up the page that states these parameters on the gateway and get this information. Only then you will have reliable telephony.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.