Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

V92 Softmodem

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by retellect, May 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. retellect

Based on the topic you have probably figured what my question is going to be :D My first install of 3cx and it looks great so far, successfully added 2 voip gateways and they work fine, allowing me to make and receive calls using softphones and a Cisco IP phone I acquired.

Can I use a normal V92 controller-less softmodem as a bridge between voip and pstn (for free local calls)? I've seen some people using modified drivers that allow these modems to pass-through, particularly on Asterisk . The answer is no right? I suppose loads of people have surplus voice/data modems, who knows if someone wrote a CPU efficient driver to support this!? haha

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You are correct....you require a Gateway, for a connection to PSTN lines.

3. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

Its not just a driver issue. 3CX only communicates via SIP. For an internal card to work, be it a modem card or even a Digium FXO/FXS card) you first need a Windows driver to communicate with the card and then you need some additional software that communicates with the card and creates a SIP trunk that 3CX can talk to.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.