V9rc2 Fax unregistered itself?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by TotallyVoIP, Jul 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TotallyVoIP

Hi
    Over the last few weeks we have migrated from V8 to V9 rc1 and then rc2. During this time we have played with various configuration changes for the entire system, espacially forwarding rules, and faxes.

It became evident on Friday that the fax was no longer answering calls, and to cut a long story short (as I did not look in the Server Activity Log to start with, Doh!) it turned out that the fax extention 888 was showing as unregistered?!

A simple restart of the Fax Server cured the problem (it was showing as running to start with), but surely the fax should not become unregistered, as we have done many changes, and get few faxes these days, it's hard to pinpoint when/how the "unregistration" took place.

Are there a list of known "changes" that could cause this? A no time was there a warning that the fax service would need restarting. Maybe this could be investigated, as I spent plenty of time checking the lines, the patton gateway ...

Many thanks
    Richard Lukins

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Did you change IP information, local ip of machine, maybe restored a backup taken from machine A to machine b?
    We made absolutely no changes in Fax from latest 8 to 9. Except for the multiple fax extensions. Let us know.

Was the service stopped?
    If no was the default fax extension set to 888? Fax traces need to be checked on this to see why it got unregistered.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. TotallyVoIP

no IP changes, only same machine restores during upgrades from RC1 to RC2.

no the service was "running", yes it is 888

what do I need to send you? and where shall I send it?

On the multiple fax extensions, how is this feature utilised, as unless it is set to default, the email box is greyed out?

Thanks

4. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

No at the moment I dont have to see anything.

could happen between rc1 and rc2

just restart the fax service and monitor it to see whether it unregisters or not. It should remain working.

It unregisters if it does not get certain data from the configuration service. Lets monitor a bit

The fax extensions are there for the following purposes.
    You can have 3rd party fax machines/ATA/software register to fax extensions. These are special extensions and are not bound to 3CX Media server.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.