• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

VAD 12.0.3381 is not writing the foler and files

Status
Not open for further replies.

millsey

Premier Customer
Reaction score
I just lost a load of work and credibility because the 3CX VAD is not writing the folder nor the XML files which make up calls flows! The database record appears to update, thus the next call coming in tries to follow the flow in a folder which does nto exist!

Please help urgently. I was able to rename the last working folder, increasing the folder suffix by 1 until it started working, I have re-deployed 5 times in panic so the suffix number increasing by 5 has fixed the problems, BUIT I have urgent changes needed to our call flows.

I have tried this on a test flow and it is broken there alos, so it is not the flow which is broken.

Millsey

Further to this, unbelievably, the software tells me that the deployment succeeded! This is incredibly dangerous.

Hi there!

This is a known bug we fixed, which was causing that deployment errors were being ignored. You can download the latest version of the VAD which has the fix.

If you don't want to upgrade the VAD, then I have 2 suggestions for you:
1) If you're deploying to "localhost", change the server to "127.0.0.1" instead of "localhost".
2) Try creating a deployment package and then deploy locally. The error happens when you deploy via the web server, so if you deploy with a deployment package this will be skipped and it should work.

Kind regards.

Suggestion 1 does nto work. I am going to download the latest VAD software.

Forgot to say, there is a little clue in teh progress, it starts to upload the aduio files but stays on the first one for several seconds, then goes immediately to the message successful deployment.

And now the licence will not work!

An error occurred loading 3CX Voice Application Designer License: License could not be loaded from c:\ProgramData\3CX Voice Application Designer\License\VADLicense.bin: Error licence

Licence:64 System: 0

The license error code 64 means INVALID_MAJOR_VERSION. Please confirm that you're downloading the VAD from here:
http://downloads.3cx.com/downloads/3CXVAD12.msi

Are you installing the VAD in the 3CX server or remotely? What version of 3CX are you running?

Regards,

When downloading from that link I get Modify / Repair /Remove as options so I did a repair but have the same issue. I think my licence is not valid for this version. I am going to roll back to the last version and see if I can get that working, it occurs to me that the 3CX ports for HTTP and HTTPS changed for version 12.5 so entering 127.0.0.1 as the deploy target and those ports migth get it working.

We are on latest 3CX software (so 12.5.41543.997), and the VAD is installed on the 3CX server machine.

Thanks
Millsey

This is now impossible. I renamed the original folder back so it should be the current version. When I started the program An install process appears to have updated it back to this latest version which still rejects the licence. SO I no longer have the original version, at least that accepted my licence.

Licence aside, now I can at least see the deploy failure when trying to deploy, but I have changed the port numbers within Options and also in a test project, but the error message shows the VAD is still trying to deploy to port 5000 not 80 :

An error occurred while deploying the project:

Unable to connect to the remote server
No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:5000

If I tick the deployment option Connect to the web server using SSL (https) I get the same error with the same port number.

Millsey

This deploy error also happens for new projects, where the program options show ports 8-0 and 443, and the project itself shows 80 and 443.

Version of VAD is 12.5.3951.0

When you install the VAD in the same server than 3CX, the License library used is taken from 3CX, therefore if your license is for an old version and doesn't have maintenance agreement active, then you will not be able to activate on that server. You will need to:
1) Install the VAD in a different machine or
2) Uninstall 3CX Phone System, install the old VAD and activate the license, and then re-install 3CX Phone System

But, please note that deploying to 3CX is not just pointing to the right HTTP/HTTPS ports. If you want to deploy to 3CX v12.5 you will need the latest version of the VAD. If you want to use the old VAD, then the only chance to deploy is by creating a deployment package, and then deploy locally by running the deployment executable.

Kind regards.

Ok, I will re-buy the licence or renew support. But did you understand the issue that the VAD is attempting to deploy to port 5000 and not port 80- as set in the VAD options and also in the project? This happens on new flows using the free-only components, so it is broken even if the licence was not an issue.

Millsey

I have just checked this, and works fine, it deploys to the port configured for the project.

In my case, I have configured 3CX Phone System on port 4000 and 4001, and when I deploy using those ports everything works. If I set a different port number, the deployment fails.

Please note that you also need to select PbxVersion = 12_5 otherwise it will think that the ports are 5000/5001 which are the only values that you can use on v12.

Kind regards.

Good point, I will check later
Thanks,

Millsey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.