Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

VAD capabilities-Route calls based on caller pin entry

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by summit3, Aug 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. summit3

Does this system have the ability for callers to call in and enter a pin #. From there they will be randomly selected to hear a message.

Basically the setup is a drug trial program. People are given a telephone number and a pin. They will then call in everyday for 30 days. When they reach the automated attendant they will enter the pin #. The system will then randomly play them a message, either you have been selected or have not been selected for a trial.

I didn't see anything on the website besides the auto dialer IVR set up and wasn't sure if the system had the ability to do this.

Any assistance on this would be greatly appreciated as we are proposing on 8/25, first thing in the morning

2. VAD_Support

VAD_Support Active Member

Yes, this is something that can be done with the VAD.
    Do you need to randomly choose between 2 messages? Or do you have much more messages?
    What you need to do is:
    1) Define a callflow or project variable, say "RandomNumber".
    2) Using an External Code Execution, you can create a javascript function which returns a random number, for example:
    function getRandomNumber(maxValue)
    {
    return Math.floor(Math.random()*maxValue);
    }

3) Using a Variable Assignment component, assign the return value to the variable "RandomNumber".
    4) Use a Conditional component to choose between different audio files to play, depending on the "RandomNumber" variable.

You should be able to do it following the steps.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Regards,

3. summit3

Outstanding. That is exactly what I needed.

Thank you very much

4. fazil2000

called ID matching against a database function available on free VAD version?
    please let me know.

Thank you

5. VAD_Support

VAD_Support Active Member

No, the Database Access component is only available in the commercial edition.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.