VAD converting dates

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by Trestill, Apr 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trestill

Hi,
    this forum was huge help for me so I'm counting that this little question will be easy for you :)

I'm using dll written in c# to get some complex xml to get some dates from it. It works.
    BUT when TTS is reading them it ignores local settings of server and puts English months and days names.

In error log I found this:
    System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Globalization.CultureNotFoundException: Culture is not supported.
    Parameter name: name
    pl_PL is an invalid culture identifier.
    at System.Globalization.CultureInfo..ctor(String name, Boolean useUserOverride)
    at ClassLibrary1.WebServiceClient.PobierzDane(String ApiKey, Int32 Wydzial, String Repertorium, Int32 Numer, Int32 Rok)
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

So, my question: is there any workaround for VAD not accepting systems culture settings? Or maybe I'm missing something?

(The same code not executed by VAD and printing result to a text file is working great)

Best Regards.

2. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi @Trestill,

First, please note that VAD apps don't run under a normal user account. They're part of a web application, so they run with the IIS or Abyss service credentials. So if you configured some regional options specific to the logged in user, that will not apply to the VAD app...

The TTS engine will use the configured voice language. So if you're using an English voice, then the audio will be generated in English. Other text in your local language works fine with TTS?

Kind regards.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Trestill

Hi,

as always thank you for answer. I used overloaded function when parsing date to use specific culture and it works now.
    I use Polish voice and everything worked so far.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.