VAD design won't deploy to V14 Cloud install

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by ericosborn09, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ericosborn09

Just upgraded our 3CX server to cloud version to allow for multiple tenants. After doing so, VAD is no longer finding any instances and we're unable to deploy. I've already re-installed thinking it would find it during install and looked through registry but didn't see anything referring to type of server. All documents seemed to be based on old version of VAD, as I'm unable to select what version and Web type etc.

As a workaround, we are able to Create a deployment package, run it on the same server and it finds the instances. Weird? This is okay but makes R&D very difficult.

Any ideas? Thanks everyone!

Eric

2. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Eric,

That's a known issue in the latest version of the VAD. It will be fixed in the next release, meanwhile you can use the deployment package.

Kind regards.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. miko

Deployment package doesn't find tenants either - only provides option to deploy directly. Eric, were you doing anything particular to get the tenants to list?

4. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Are you in v14? Can you share a screenshot?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. ericosborn09

Miko, deployment package found them without problem. edossantos, any ETA on the release of the fix that you know of?

6. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I don't have an ETA, but will be soon...

7. miko

Please see attached...

Attached Files:

8. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Miko,

Checking the stack trace, I see that the VAD is not detecting that your server is a cloud server.

This is checked from the registry, so please tell me the values you have here:
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\3CX\PhoneSystem\ConfigVersion
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\3CX\PhoneSystem\INSTALLATIONMODE

Thanks.

9. miko

Hi

In the order you have them:

MULTI

Regards

10. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi there!

For other users that might have the same problem, the issue was related to 3CX Phone System installed in a different folder than the default program files folder. It was a bug in the VAD always looking for a configuration file in the default folder. This is fixed now.

Kind regards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.