VAD dynamic VXML

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by trebovsek, Mar 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trebovsek

Hi experts!

We are proud owners of VAD license and are also 3CX Partners - resellers for Slovenia 8)
    I am dealing with the specific customer request and would like to know if this is even possible, before going any further...

I would like to know if VAD supports dynamic VXML (maybe not fully appropriate naming... :roll: )
    The request is next:
    - one calls a phone number and gets some kind of response - lets say mp3 playback, and ends a connection.
    - that same person now calls back and gets another response - another mp3 playing as before
    - and on third attempt - as expected, another mp3 playback and so on...

Actual example:
    - a some kind of event is starting at some point
    - if someone calls the number 3,5 hours before it starts, should get: "3,5 hours until the event".
    - if someone calls the number 1,5 hours before it starts, should get: "1,5 hours until the event".
    - and so on... i hope you get the picture :mrgreen:

Is this possible with VAD? Or should we use some other application for this solution?
    I would really like to know :roll:
    I thank you all in advance!

Best regards, Marko

2. VAD_Support

VAD_Support Active Member

Yes, you can do it with the VAD. For example, you could do it querying a database, and checking how soon is the event. Then, depending on database response, you could play a file or another. What you can not do is getting a number from the database and play that number. For example, currently you can not play the number "3" to say that the event is in 3 hours. You need to have a wav or mp3 file recorded with the audio "3 hours", and then using a conditional component choose to play the right file.

3. trebovsek

excellent!

So i can proceed with a project :mrgreen:

Than you very much!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.