Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

VAD dynamic VXML

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by trebovsek, Mar 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trebovsek

Hi experts!

We are proud owners of VAD license and are also 3CX Partners - resellers for Slovenia 8)
    I am dealing with the specific customer request and would like to know if this is even possible, before going any further...

I would like to know if VAD supports dynamic VXML (maybe not fully appropriate naming... :roll: )
    The request is next:
    - one calls a phone number and gets some kind of response - lets say mp3 playback, and ends a connection.
    - that same person now calls back and gets another response - another mp3 playing as before
    - and on third attempt - as expected, another mp3 playback and so on...

Actual example:
    - a some kind of event is starting at some point
    - if someone calls the number 3,5 hours before it starts, should get: "3,5 hours until the event".
    - if someone calls the number 1,5 hours before it starts, should get: "1,5 hours until the event".
    - and so on... i hope you get the picture :mrgreen:

Is this possible with VAD? Or should we use some other application for this solution?
    I would really like to know :roll:
    I thank you all in advance!

Best regards, Marko

2. VAD_Support

VAD_Support Active Member

Yes, you can do it with the VAD. For example, you could do it querying a database, and checking how soon is the event. Then, depending on database response, you could play a file or another. What you can not do is getting a number from the database and play that number. For example, currently you can not play the number "3" to say that the event is in 3 hours. You need to have a wav or mp3 file recorded with the audio "3 hours", and then using a conditional component choose to play the right file.

3. trebovsek

excellent!

So i can proceed with a project :mrgreen:

Than you very much!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.