Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

VAD Menu

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by davidbenwell, May 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davidbenwell

davidbenwell Active Member

when using the Menu component have a few departments press 1 for sales, 2 for accounts etc 3 to repeat theses options.

how would you do a press 3 to repeat the options.

surely just putting a prompt playback as option 3 will end the call once the recording has been played.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. VAD_Support

VAD_Support Active Member

The Menu component has a property named "MaxRetryCount". The default value for that property is 3. That means that when the user doesn't enter anything or enters an invalid option, the prompt is repeated that number of times. So, I think you don't need to program that behavior, is is built in by default.

Anyway, if you need to create a menu or user input that needs some kind of confirmation, then you can put the Menu component or User Input component into a Loop component. The loop Condition should be set to a variable that is changed into the menu branches. So when the callflow goes into some branch, the loop ends, and when it goes into another branches, it keeps looping.

Hope the information helps.

Regards,

3. davidbenwell

Hi

I have put the munu into the loop, however its not clear how i would get option 9 when pressed to repeat the menu

does the menu component allow the caller to enter an ext number if known like the DR in 3CX does?

reason why this needs to be done in VAD is the customer only wants the menu options sound file played if the caller wants to hear the options again.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. VAD_Support

The menu component doesn't have the functionality to transfer to an extension if the user enters it. You need to design it yourself if that's what you need. That would require a User Input component instead of a Menu component, because the menu will end when you enter the first digit.

In order to repeat the prompt when the user presses 9, you need to use a menu component, and don't do anything into the branch "Option_9". Then if the loop condition is met again the menu component will be executed again, so you will have you prompt again.

5. davidbenwell

Not sure if i follow you on this.

the only reason why we cant use the standard DR in 3CX is due to the requirement not to repeat the company name but only the menu prompt message. but on an inital call the caller will first hear the company name then menu prompt.

the DR in 3CX gives all the required features apart from the above.

the VAD manual does not really go into enough detail so alot of it is guess work. then get the very basic reply on here.

i need a working solution for tomorrow morning when their phone system goes live

so the question is, can we get the same features as the standard 3CX DR by using the menu in 3CX VAD

customer wants the caller to be able to enter the EXT no or the prompt menu options.

6. VAD_Support

Well, now that you described the problem, I think you can achieve it easily without using the VAD. Of course you can develop this with the VAD too, but it would require more work, because you would have to query the 3CX database yourself.

So, to do this I suggest that you use 2 standard Digital Receptionists. The first only plays the company name, no options, and with a very short timeout transfers to the second DR. Then, the second DR gives the options and allows entering the extension number. If the user enters an invalid option, the second DR message is played back (without the company name).

I think that is the way to go for your scenario.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.