Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

VAD or Built in

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by CCSNET, Jan 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CCSNET

Hi,

I have a potential requirement for VAD but i'm unsure if i can so it another way

We have 5 departments each at the end of a DID and IVR, each of the handsets for the departments are in ring groups etc...

a requirement has come in to have each department be able to switch there "lines" off and on at will, for example for a department meeting etc...

i.e. ext 101, dials xxx and all incoming calls then get diverted to a VM "department is closed for meeting try again in x minutes" etc...

I know i can force the entire system to switch to night but how would i do a department ?

regards

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

There is no provision currently available that allows for subsets of grouped extensions to be managed in the manner you have described. While you mention "5 different departments, each at the end of a DID and IVR....", I am unsure if this is actually what you meant. If so, then there is only 1 DID per department and the easier way to accommodate the stated need is to simply divert the DID to a different routing, when necessary, be it a common mailbox for that DID/department with your desired greeting or other routing. This eliminates the need to maintain an ever-changing grouping of extension subsets. It will also eliminate the harm that might come in the event that some extensions are exposed to more than the 1 DID.

On the other hand, the above does not address other avenues of ingress such as calls coming in from a different DID or main number and being transferred to the extensions. I assume internal calls would be handled just as the defined rules state.

3. GManNAtl

One possible work around, but I have not tested it :

Instead of pointing the calls to the Ring Group pilot directly. Point them to a dummy extension where "In the office" it forwards to the ring group and "out of office" forwards to the mailbox. You can then call into the vm and change the presence status or use MyPhone on the dummy extension to change the status.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.