VAD script works on Debug Build not Release build

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by Waseem, Mar 21, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Waseem

Hi

I am using the Free version (v14) of 3CX and a registered version of VAD.

All setup on my local network, with a MAC Sip and one on iOS device to test it all out.

Just trying to create a very simple callflow to get going it just plays a wav file.

After much going around in circles I have found the following so far:

1. If i build the project as a release build and it automatically deploys the extension rings and simply does not answer (as the Digital Receptionist should)

2. If i then build same project in Debug build and deploy it ,it works the phone is answered the wav file plays all is good.

Anyone have any ideas as to why this may be ?

I don't want to build the whole application and then still have this issue so would rather sort it out before i move on

Thank you for the help in advance and apologies if this question had been answered before but I did search and found nothing relative.

2. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi @Waseem,

Maybe you're experiencing the issue described here:
    3cx.com/blog/docs/config-last-message-to-play-on-a-vad-app - THIS DOCUMENT IS NO LONGER VALID

If you just have a wav file to play, ensure that you set AllowBargeIn to False.

If this is not the issue, then it might require some analysis. Please take a look at this document for troubleshooting the VAD app:
    https://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/troubleshooting-vad-applications/

Also ensure that the WAV file has the proper audio format:
    Format: WAV / PCM
    Channel: Mono
    Bit rate: 8 kHz
    Sample: 16 bit

Check this article on how to convert wav files:
    https://www.3cx.com/docs/converting-wav-file/

Kind regards.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 edossantos, Mar 21, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.