Valcom VIP-130AL Paging Speaker Problems

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Fred Vierra, Jan 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fred Vierra

Hello,

I am trying to add Valcom VIP-130AL speakers to our system of 18 phones.

I got it provisioned and it sends a page but it sounds terrible. Does anyone have any experience with these speakers?

I am getting tons of feedback and overall it's not very loud.

We are a manufacturing facility and so we need loud speakers. I am debating on returning these and doing a bogen amp with the Cyberdata Paging Adapter.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

2. Chris-MBN

Fred,

We have deployed 2 of the 130AL speakers and they worked well. We had another site (machine shop) and they were not loud enough so we replaced them with the 1038 models and they are incredibly loud. I found Valcom tech support very easy to work with.

3. Fred Vierra

Thanks for the response.

What did you use to power the 1038?

Also what handsets were you using? Yealink?

4. Chris-MBN

Fred,

I used the VP-2148D amps the VIP-801 converter

5. Valcom Technical Support

Fred,

Sorry to hear you are having difficulties getting the VIP-130AL horns working. We have tested on 3CX version 15 successfully. In regards to them sounding terrible, are they being used as SIP endpoints or are they being used along with the phones in a page group from the 3CX? Be sure the code the phone uses is G.711 or the audio will sound bad. Also if the horns are not loud enough, I would look into what Chris-MBN suggested in using a louder horn if the noise levels are high enough in the areas that these horns are deployed. This would require swapping out the VIP-130AL horns for a VIP-201A and V-1036C (15watt) or V-1038 (30watt) horns. I would recommend using the VIP-201A rather than the VIP-801A as the former handles feedback elimination, which you are experiencing.

If you want to discuss in further detail , please feel free to contact us at 800-825-2661 for any additional assistance you may have.

6. Fred Vierra

Ahh maybe that's my problem G.711. I have the whole system with G.722 first, G.729 second, PCMU third, and PCMA fourth?

Wouldn't that mean the rest of the system's audio be degraded just to page though?

7. Valcom Technical Support

Fred,
    How exactly are you using the horns with the 3CX? Is it paging between the phones and the horns added to the multicast audio? The phones would have to send PCMU as a first choice. Or are you using the 3CX to place a SIP call to a horn? SIP should negotiate the codec.

8. Fred Vierra

I am using 3CX to place a SIP call to the horn.. So it should be setup ok now.

9. Valcom Technical Support

This can be verified in a data packet capture. The RTP packets being sent to the horn should show G.711. If not then, 3CX did not negotiate the codec. You would have to force G.711 as default on the phone and pbx.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.