Valcom VIP 201 paging server--keeps getting blacklisted!

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by zooeyhall, Jun 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zooeyhall

Does anyone have any ideas on why a Valcom VIP 201 paging server keeps getting blacklisted in 3cx?

The VIP 201 will stay registered in 3cx anywhere from an hour to maybe half a day. Then it will be blacklisted for "too many failed authentications. After the timeout period, the device will register again succesfully in 3cx. No previous entries are logged in the server (however I do not have verbose mode turned on).

I have re-created the account in 3cx for the VIP 201, and double checked the authentication the VIP 201 is using to connect to 3cx.

This location has been using 3cx for three months. 3 weeks ago it was updated to 3cx version 10, and it seems then is about when the problem started.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

There have been a number of security changes in version 10. You may want to look through the version 10 forum, there might be some suggestions that you can change on your system.

3. ValcomTechSupport

zooeyhall- any updates?

4. netswork

netswork Active Member

I have a customer that wants paging and was planning on using the vip 201's...so if you find a fix please let us know.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. ValcomTechSupport

To keep current with new settings & securities within 3CX ver.10, I would suggest contacting Valcom for an updated firmware. 800-VALCOM1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.