• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Various Android Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewmbioquell

Reaction score
Phone: Samsung Galaxy A3 2016
Android version: 7.0
Running latest 3cx client.

Seems that there are a few of bugs that are persistently an issue on this device.
  • The client causes the phone to stay unlocked and screen on with the keypad ready to dial a number.
  • The client often bypasses the lock screen entirely doing the above.
  • The phone will continue to ring after the call has been picked up on another device i.e the PC client or on a Yealink T42S.
Anyone else seen these issues?

Hello,

The client causes the phone to stay unlocked and screen on with the keypad ready to dial a number.

Can you explain your scenario? Do you receive a call and the phone stays unlocked when you hang up?

The client often bypasses the lock screen entirely doing the above.

Is this relate to your first problem? If it does not bypasses the lock screen how you will answer an incoming call?

The phone will continue to ring after the call has been picked up on another device i.e the PC client or on a Yealink T42S.

Do you have SIP Forked ID enable or disable? Go to your PBX > settings > Parameters and search for SIP_FORKED_ID_BUSY and make sure that the value is 1

Thank you

Hello,

Can you explain your scenario? Do you receive a call and the phone stays unlocked when you hang up?

Occasionally yes, it will go back to the dial pad and the screen will stay on. It also does this when a call is not answered from the device.

Is this relate to your first problem? If it does not bypasses the lock screen how you will answer an incoming call?

When I say it bypasses the lock screen I mean the entire app is accessible without unlocking the device meaning anyone can pick up the phone and make another outgoing call.

Do you have SIP Forked ID enable or disable? Go to your PBX > settings > Parameters and search for SIP_FORKED_ID_BUSY and make sure that the value is 1

SIP_FORKED_ID_BUSY = 1

Thank you

Hello,

- The only way that the phone would stay open is when you do not use any security Screen Lock. If you are using Pattern or PIN then you can only answer or decline the incoming call and the phone should lock imminently after.
- Regarding last issue with Forked ID I cannot see any problem. Are you behind SBC or do you have WebClinet open?

Thank you

Hello,

- The only way that the phone would stay open is when you do not use any security Screen Lock. If you are using Pattern or PIN then you can only answer or decline the incoming call and the phone should lock imminently after.

I have a lock screen pattern, and if that was the case I wouldn't have posted this thread in the first place :)

- Regarding last issue with Forked ID I cannot see any problem. Are you behind SBC or do you have WebClinet open?

SBC? And no I do not have the web client open. Only a Yealink phone and 3cx for Windows client.

Thank you

Which version of the 3CX client are you running?
A lock screen fix was added to the latest version .240 which is fully released on the app store.

If you have a pattern/pin etc, it'l lock the screen after a call.
If you have only unsecure swipe configured, it won't lock the screen. This is expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.