Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Various Installation IP's and where they go

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by voiceis, Mar 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. voiceis

I have several SIP IP trunk groups from my vendor. The vendor has a gateway address, an IP address, and a transmitting from address. My question there are:

Do I use the gateway and IP addresses to confiigure my dedicated NIC card and to which of the following fields does it go below? Ifa any?

Assuming that the NIC comment is correct, what then goes into each of the following?

Registrar/Proxy Hostname or IP
    Outbound Proxy Hostname or IP
    Which IP to use in 'Contact' field for registration: Specified IP

2. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

Your IP is obtained from your ISP.
    The voip vendor is giving you thier info for registering. Which one is it? Is it one of the ones that has a template in 3CX? If not you should contact your vendor and ask them what to use.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. voiceis

I have the vendors hosing IP address and gateway and I have my sending IP. Where do each of these go in the 3cx set up? And Don't I configure the NIC card as well?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.