Various issues with HTML Screens when creating generic trunk

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Andy Schmidt, May 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andy Schmidt

Andy Schmidt New Member

Hi,

I've successfully created three different "Generic Trunks", however, I would like to document a few bugs I noticed in the process that should be taken care of:

a) When you create a Generic Trunk and get to the "line" part, then you can enter an "Authentication ID", but the matching PASSWORD field is disabled. You have to first create the line without a password, then later go BACK, edit the line and then put the password in. Obviously a bug.

b) When you create a Generic Trunk and while creating you create different office-hours/after-hours inbound rules then those rule settings are NOT saved. You have to go back and EDIT the line later and put the correct settings in.

c) If different providers have assigned the same authentication ID (such as the company name, or the person's first initial + last name), then this is rejected. (Hint to Developers: Easy to fix; take this line out of your ExternalLine schema "CONSTRAINT externalline_authid_key UNIQUE (authid) )

d) Once you get past all these bugs, and press the "Register Now" button for a line that is configured as INBOUND only, then the server log will CORRECTLY state:
    However the "Line Status" screen will continue to show RED (not registered) until the first incoming call arrives.

Hope that helps.

PS: :lol: Yes Nick, I know, I'm a bad boy for even using these screens to set up providers. But, these screens are obviously there for a reason and should function as "documented".

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the feedback, feedback noted for new interface in v7 :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.