Various Issues

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by TerryJoyce, Apr 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TerryJoyce

Hello All in advance of help.

I am new to setting up the 3CX system and have decided to take on the challenge of doing so. I have managed to get lots of things working with the phone system. However, there are a few things that allude me in a successful deployment.

First, whenever an extension reboots it does not sync back to the server and no one can dial in until the phone is dialed out. Just wondering what can cause this issue.

Second, I am using Cisco SPA 508 phones. I would like to put custom speed dials on handsets denoted by the user. However when the phone reboots itself the speed dials stay. But when I reboot using the 3CX software they all disappear. Is there anywhere on the 3CX system I can set these for the users??

Just to let you know about my setup. I have a Juniper firewall (I think I have opened all the ports and routed them to the server), I also have the 3CX server and the Cisco 508G.

Thanks for all the advice in advance.

Terry

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It sound like you have the phones set-up to auto provision with each reboot and the provisioning file is not written to provision the set correctly.

Same thing.

3. TerryJoyce

Leejor,

Thanks for this. I am only using the standard config that comes with 3CX is there no way in the interface to setup those buttons???

Terry

4. TerryJoyce

Thanks for the help. I have decided to setup custom templates for each user to allow them to setup there own speed dials.

Terry

5. netswork

netswork Active Member

You can either auto provision your phones or manually configure your phones from the phones web interface. If you want to manually configure the phones then you need to remove the provisioning URL from the web interface of the phone. That is why when the phone reboots the configuration is being removed as noted by Leejor.

If all you want is simple speed dial's and BLF's the provisioning configuration from 3cx should work for you. Just configure the extension in 3cx and then re-provision the phone.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.