Various problems with ATAs and Gateways

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Scientio, Mar 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scientio

Hi,

I'm trying to replace an existing analog PBX. I've set up a system with
    a sipura SPA 3000 and a Grandstream GXW4008.

I'm just trying to test it with 7 extensions and one incoming POTS line.
    I'm in the UK, this is a BT line.
    I'm using version 3.0 3CX

The incoming line and all the extensions register.

The first problem is that I get:
    Can not find source by following specs: From: '10000'; To: ''; Rline: ''; Contact: '' appearing every few seconds in the server status.

When I ring another extension everything proceeds properly, except that, if I don't answer it and put down the calling phone the called extension continues to ring for 30 seconds.

The message 'Call from Ext.101 to 102 has been terminated' appears at the right time, but the grandstream registers that the other extension is ringing.

There are other problems, but lets start with this one.

Any idea what to do?

Best wishes,

Andy

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is call progress, it takes to long for the SPA to find out that the phone line is taken care off.

No idea, can you provide a bit more info eg. is the 10000 (which is the line ID connected to a provider or gateway etc.
    Try to set the advanced settings for that line back to the original config and see if the problem goes away.

Henk.

3. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Hi,

First of all you mention two gateways there. SPA 3000 and GXW 4008 are both gateways. Is the grand stream you are talking about a phone? I am assuming its a GXP 2000

If yes, and the PBX sends a bye message to the extension (you can check this from the server status log) then its up to the phone to stop ringing. So this could be an issue with the phone.

In regards to the other message, i assume this is the outside line you are calling? Did you setup the SPA 3000 according to the FAQ? http://www.3cx.com/support/sipura.html

If yes then the fields listed should not be empty. Please call from an outside line and post the server status logs here. This will be several lines of info.

Note that the latest version of the manual also includes a section on troubleshooting using the server status logs. Types of messages and possible causes are listed.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Hi,

You should define your line settings for that gateway to have internal number 10000, and check in Advanced options of gateway following settings:

Line-ID matching:
    Internal number

Line-ID location in 'user' part of:
    'From' field

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Scientio

Hi,

The Grandstream is not a gateway, it's an ATA - it has 7 analog phones connected to it.
    The idea is to replace an analog PBX with a digital one. I imagine this is a common use case for your software. So it's the Grandstream that doesn't respond to the 'bye' message. It is however registered properly.

As to the repetitive message. I previously had this set up with version 2, and the message has only appeared since upgrading.

The Sipura SPA is st up as the sole input and connects to an incoming analog line configured to be '10000'. Again this has registered properly.

I'm switching between the existing analog PBX and this set up for testing. When I've finally got it going I will add connections to Vonage, etc.

Best wishes,

Andy

6. jaiume

There seems to be a problem with 3CX, for some reason it sends the GXW-4008 a SIP BYE instead of a CANCEL.

I have been through it with Grandstream tech support, and have tried to replicate the behaviour with another IP PBX (Axon), and it only happens with 3CX. Axon seems to send the CANCEL, and the GXW-4008 stops ringing immediatly.

3CX only seems to send the BYE rather than a CANCEL where the GXW-4008 is concerned, it sends a CANCEL to every other SIP client I have.

Jamie

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good spotting.

Now which post do you like to be answered first?

Putting the same posts in different topics only slows us down in answering them and does not help much.

Henk.

8. Scientio

Does the somewhat sarchastic comment from Henk mean that this bug has been fixed?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.