Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

VBUZZER and 3CX configuration problem

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by JDC, Jul 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JDC

JDC

Hi everyone, just have to say I love 3CX so far but... I'm having some problems getting 3CX to work with vBuzzer. I am not sure what the issue is at this time.

I had been testing vBuzzer with a LinksysPAP2 without any problems, both incoming and outgoing calls, by following the setup details from the vBuzzer site.
    http://www.vbuzzer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=237

I have been able to call out with 3CX, no problems there. The problems is that I can't receive calls? I followed the port forwarding setup here.
    http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/2wire/2701HG-G/3CX.htm

I've also added an additional port for RTP that I found under "Troubleshooting" from a 3CX PDF document.

So far, no luck with any of this call back stuff. Can someone help me understand what the problem may be?

Thanks in advance!
    James

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Do you have 3CX set to register on that trunk with the VoIP provider. In most cases you can still make outgoing calls even if you are not registered BUT won't be able to receive calls. Have a look at the system logs and see if there is an attempt to register with the provider, that should happen as soon as you start up 3CX and should continue every hour or so.

3. JDC

JDC

Ok, I will try, where do I setup 3CX to register? btw, it's a Generic trunk if that makes a diff...

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

In the settings for each trunk there is an option under one of the tabs, that you can set to register or not register. People that use a VoIP service for only outgoing calls would not need the trunk to register. I seem to recall it was just a box with a check mark.

5. JDC

JDC

Ahh, found it, it was a drop down with a few options. It seems everything is working perfectly now. Thanks for the tip! :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.