vce-resip log file

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Rob24h, Dec 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rob24h

Hi,

I noticed my 3CX is taking a lot of space lately.
    When I search for the largest file I found a file called vce-resip.log and it is 9.9 GB in size and keeps growing in size. Is this normal behaviour and what can I do about it?

I purged my event and activity log and set the logging level to low but the file does not shrink.
    I am running v15.5. latest update.

2. apostolis_3CX

apostolis_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Rob24h,
    The file will not shrink. If you need to free some space just terminate all of the 3CX processes, delete the file and restart the PBX. Since the logging level is already set to low the size of the file will not be an issue. Also you can specify a number of days for logs to be kept.

3. Rob24h

I allready specified 1 day as the log rotate but this does not seem to solve things.
    Can I rename the file so the PBX will create a new one? This would save me the trouble of having to do a restart (customer does not like restarts).

4. apostolis_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Since the file will be already in use by the PBX the system will not allow the rename of the file. What you can do is from the management console of the PBX - Services, stop the Queue Manager Server (this can't be avoided) rename the file to vce-resip_backup.log and start again the Queue Manager. Once the service is restarted a new vce-resip.log will be created and the system's downtime will be reduced to minimum.

jed likes this.
  5. Rob24h

That sounds like a good solution, thank you!

6. apostolis_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad to help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.