• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved Ver. 15 SP update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Waechter

Platinum Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
I ran the service pack update and it has killed our SMTP. Has anybody else had this issue? We can't send/ recieve "Welcome emails", Webmeeting invites and the email test fails "This operation was canceled".

Attachments

• smtp.JPG
    smtp.JPG
    15.4 KB · Views: 7
I am running on Linux SP3 (latest). I just ran the test and it worked OK from here.
I tested on a client system on Windows SP4 and that works fine also.
Not much help to you I know, but at least you know it is not normal.

Have you rebooted?

Dear business54,

When 3CX PhoneSystem needs to deliver email notifications, the SMTP mechanisms allowed can either be unauthenticated or authenticated using clear text. According to the error something stop the communication with SMTP. Please check your server may be configured to allow only TLS or SSL exchange or you can troubleshoot that with wireshark.

Nikos resolved this today. We use ESMTP server, changed to gmail and all is right with the world.

dear business54,

Glad to hear that the issue is resolved and thanks for sharing the solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramishvohrw
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.