ver 9**General Question Backup

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by rico06, Jul 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rico06

rico06 New Member

sorry but I have a simple qustion
    is the version 9 is now on production ad not anymore beta?
    can I use it with my license corporate?

thanks

2. carolinainnovative

Re: ver 9

License: yes - your v8 license should work as long as you have upgrade insurance.

Production: sort-of - it is out of beta but is still in "release candidate" mode - so it is still "use at your peril" - but lots of folks are using it in production without major issues.

3. rico06

rico06 New Member

great thank you
    It was not really clear , when you look to download upgrade there is the two version

I might test it soon.

can you tell me if importing form version 8 will be complete

4. rico06

rico06 New Member

Re: ver 9 welcome mail

ok I install V9 on a test pbx

No prob exept on the welcome mail, I receive the link on the remote user but with the local IP adress instead ok the public IP (or public domain)

did I missed something on the setting ?

5. carolinainnovative

I would assume a pbx administrator is sharp enough to know whether or not he/she has purchased upgrade insurance.

6. carolinainnovative

Re: ver 9 welcome mail

unfortunately i hear the provisioning emails only work in-house - so local IP only. I've asked for them to give us some more flexibility with that email but so far it hasn't happened.

7. rico06

rico06 New Member

it is not a big problem if the provisioning is not working for the external wan extension, it is easy to set it oup manually

the problem is that the call assistant doesnt work outside the lan (set up maually)

8. carolinainnovative

Make sure you clicked the button to put it in remote mode OR use 3cx Tunnel. Both work quite well as I use it outside my network quite often.

9. rico06

rico06 New Member

thanks Salter

I was the button needed to be push to use or not the tunnel on the assistant
    for the phone I need to make some more test of quality, after few setting change I did not restart all the services before testing the call

The last thing is now to mahe the cam work.

yesterday my configuration was two laptop connect with tunnel but on the VPN (I know tunnel was not necessary)

I have now two test to make:

1 cut the VPN and test withe tunnel on
    2 VPN active, juste connection LAN without tunnel

10. carolinainnovative

I do not believe the "update" button magically updates you to the newest VERSION - just updates within the current version. To change from v8 to v9, you have to uninstall and reinstall - and if you're going through all that trouble, its your own dern fault if you didn't check your license first! :p

11. carolinainnovative

I don't need to verify, although I'm sure 3cx support will chime in here in about 4 or 5 more hours (monday work hours in Cyprus).

v8 -> v9 is a major upgrade, like most 3CX major version changes. Allowing for a click-to-upgrade setup would bring in a host of other issues they haven't even had us beta testers testing. Major version changes are uninstall->reinstall. Minor version changes can be auto-updated.

12. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

As Salter said,

For V7 to V8 or V8 to V9 upgrades you need take a backup of your system using the 3CX Backup tool, uninstall the old PBX, install the new one and restore your backup.
    We do a lot of tests to ensure that these upgrades work as smooth as possible for 3CX users.

Now the "Upgrades" page you see in the management console are just "Minor upgrades" to the phonesystem it's self. You could download a fix for Caller ID issues, or a fix for a crashing management console for example. But you can never automatically upgrade from v8 to v9 with it.

Upgrading from V8-V9 has never been so reliable before, so i'd go ahead with the upgrade. So far no one has compained about the V8-V9 upgrading system so i'd go ahead with it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.