• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

ver7, forward to external number not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

gonzo__007

Reaction score
I was running 3cx v6 on an old PC and forward to external number was working.

all incoming call was sent to my registered phone ext 201, if no answer, transfer to DR, then I dial ext900 witch is an unregistered extension that forward call to an external number.

now I replaced conputer with a new one and install 3cx ver7. since then, no way to get forward to external number working.

it works with my ext201 at home, I dial 900 and get transfered to the external number. but outside, I call home, dial 900 and call transfer failed !

so 2 solutions:
- can someone tell me how to fix that
- were can I download 3cx ver6

thanks

Hi

It appears that you have an outbound rule that is restricted to specific extensions.

Remove any extension base restrictions in outbound rules and retry.

NB. In V7 when diverting to an outside line, the FROM is the original caller number, NOT the the extension making the divert.

thank you for that reply.

you were correct, the oubound rule was only from ext201.
when I put nothing in outbound rule and apply now ext201 is not able to call out and forward to external number is still not working...

I have to do 2 rules, one for ext 201 and an other one for number starting with digit 1

works now

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmirLD
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.