Verify and Force outbound calls to start with a "1"

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by dantell, Feb 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dantell

Hello,

I am running the latest version 7. I have a 4 line patton connected to 4 pstn lines. I also have voicepulse as a provider with 4 more voip channels. My outbound rules push calls through the pstn lines first and then over to the voip trunk. This all seems to work with one exception. All outbound calls work through the pstn, only LD calls work with the voip trunk as they are guaranteed to have a 1 prepended which voicepulse requires.

We have quite a few local area codes in phoenix and when my users dial they wont prepend a 1, which works for pstn. I've tried dialing locally with the 1 on the pstn, and the calls do not go through. When their calls go out through the trunk though i need to ensure that they've got a full 1+number. My outbound rule is configured as:

1. Patton pstn
    2. Voicepulse

any help is appreciated.

2. William400

William400 Well-Known Member

Hi

You could create an outbound rule where if the number has a prefix of 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 then prepend a '1'....hence if the 1 is already there the rule is ignored.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm not clear if you need the 1 or don't want it for local calls, this assumes you don't want a 1 to go out on a local call.
    You have 3 local area codes in Phoenix (that I've found). You don't say if you require a 9 before dialling a local call, I'll assume not. So... you could set up 6 rules, 3 for locals calls beginning with a 1 and 3 for calls dialled without the 1.

Strip one digit on the first 3 and none on the last 3, set the number of digits to expect accordingly. I would require a prefix such as 8 or 9 for long distance calls, so a rule for 91 or 81 (plus 10 digits) then strip off the 8 or 9

You have to be careful putting a 1 in front of any number (2->9) as it would affect 911, 411 etc. calls. there are sometimes "special' local numbers that only require 7 digits, I've seen ones like 310-1234, some telcos offer them to businesses with outlets in more than one area code, such as pizza places.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.