• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Version 11 Service Pack 1 fails to install

Status
Not open for further replies.

HenkdeVree

Reaction score
We tried to install Service Pack 1 Build 27011.711 but the installations fails at the end and starts a roll back, just after saying it fails and clicking OK. No error messages can be found, not in the 3CX log and not in the Windows log. We are running v11.0.26364.600 so that is not the problem.

Environment: Windows 2003 SBS, Abyss web server

Any ideas?

Is this a backup, uninstall, and then install process, or are you just trying to install SP1 over the existing install?

Via the Windows Management Console on the server I go to 3CX Phone System Udate > 3CX Service Packs/Updates. After selecting the Service Pack I hit Download Selected and the Service Pack starts downloading.

So I am trying to install SP1 over the existing install just as I remember I did with all the Service Packs for version 10.

Why don't you running the next procedure?
- back up your current version
- remove the current version
- download and install the latest version
- restore the backup
- finished
This takes 10-15 minutes extra time.

Why we did not:

1) 3CX specify when a backup/restore procedure is needed. In this case 3CX did not.

2) It is rather primitive if one has to go through a backup/restore cycle just for a patch. Perhaps you noticed the problems other users had with restoring in some cases.

3) Patching version 10, 5 times as I remember well, did not give any problem at all.

4) We are maintaining 3CX installations for some of our clients so you will have to multiply the 15 minutes by a number of clients.

However I came to the same conclusion as you did. Since some users had problems after installing the patch and since our current installations are running very smooth I guess we are going to skip this patch :(

It is your party but please read why 3CX released SP1. ;)
http://www.3cx.com/blog/releases/3cx-phone-system-11-service-pack-1/

Service pack installation creates two log files in %allusersprofile%\Application Data\3CX\Data\Logs (if you are using 2003 server):
3CXDBUpdater.log
3cxUpdater.log
They should explain what is going wrong with update.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchofficees
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.