• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Version 11 Upgrade issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

fioreit

Reaction score
Here's our setup. 3cx Pro running on Server 2008, using Polycom IP 650 Handsets

Moving from Version 10 to 11 appears to have correct some of my functionality issues like Intercom Delay. But now presents other issues for me to correct.

#1. Ringtones: Incoming calls are using the Default Polycom "Low Double Trill" tone. Dispite the fact that I have a custom tone uploaded and selected on the phones. When adjusting the ringtone volume on the phone it plays the custom tone. How do I get the phone to ring with the custom tone and not the default one?

#2. Shared Parking in MyPhone: It's a great new feature to be able to use Shared Parking in the MyPhone app. However, our users are weirded out by the park slots starting with 0. And MyPhone defaults to using SP0 first. Is there a way to disable SP0 so that it parks on SP1 first?

Thanks in advance.

-Britton Johnson

#1. Sounds like this is more of an issue with those Polycom handsets as opposed to the 3cx system. You may want to continue trouble shooting those handsets or get support on the line from where you purchased those phones.

#2. The phone provision tab you can setup SP1 SP2 etc... I'd assume if it can be done for MyPhone it wouldbe the same way.

My guess is that when you upgraded to V11, the new default templates were then installed in the phones which then over wrote some of the custom settings you had. You will need to uplaod manually or modifty the templates. If the phones were modigied manually and each is somehwat custom, then you will likely do manually and then ensure that the autgoconfiguration settings in the phone are disabled. This will prevent over writing for the future.

In the announced feature changes for v11 , it says "Configure different ring tones for different types of call – from Queue, external, etc."

But I can't find where this is set in 3cx. And its not in the new Manual either. I think this is what's causing the odd ringing behaviour.

http://www.3cx.com/blog/releases/new-3cx-phone-system-v11/

Also, the only Park settings I can find relate to the maximum number of Park Slots available. I've found no other way of Modifying what the MyPhone App does.

Thanks,
Britton

If I recall, MyPhone only uses the SPx parking spots and not the Dial Codes *0, *1 parking spots.

Correct as of Version 11 it only uses the SPx Slots. Which is why I want to disable SP0.

Found it.
The Ringers are now set per call type in the new config files for each phone.

This is the sections that sets them.

<!-- se.rt.custom2 intentionally not used -->
<se
se.rt.custom1.name="3CX Auto Answer"
se.rt.custom1.ringer="ringer16"
se.rt.custom1.type="answer"

se.rt.custom3.name="3CX External"
se.rt.custom3.ringer="ringer16"

se.rt.custom4.name="3CX International"
se.rt.custom4.ringer="ringer16"

se.rt.custom5.name="3CX IVR"
se.rt.custom5.ringer="ringer16"

se.rt.custom6.name="3CX Local"
se.rt.custom6.ringer="ringer16"

se.rt.custom7.name="3CX National"
se.rt.custom7.ringer="ringer16"

se.rt.custom8.name="3CX Queue"
se.rt.custom8.ringer="ringer16"
/>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.