Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Version 12.0 doesnt work with configdata from version 6

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Joepie, May 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joepie

I simply duplicated the configuration data from version 6 version 12, but it doesn't work. The message is: 3CX Phone System is unreachable. 3CXPhone will try to reconnect automatically. Please wait.
    I had to try version 12, cause I have problems with the sound of my voice while calling. (Popping sound, me hard to understand to the receiver)

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Firewall issue?

3. Joepie

Tested: no, error still continues

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

For the basics, there are usually only about 3 pieces of information that you have to put in. The SIP server address, the user (which is usually the extension or phone number), and the password.

Since you are getting an error massage that indicates that the the server is unreachable, then it suggests that the server address, or another network settings, perhaps on the PC, is causing the issue.

Is this all taking place on the same LAN, or is the extension, external?

5. Joepie

Same computer and Lan.
    I filled in the fields of Accounts and Credentials; for the location I used the sip from my provider.

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

From the same computer, are you able to Ping the providers URL or IP?

Although looking quickly over the description,I don't see it mentioned specifically, I'm wondering if this release (cosponsoring the the Alpha version 12 PBX release) is only designed to work with the 3CX PBX. This has now been done with the latest 3CX phone for android. 3CX phone version 12 now incorporates the former Myphone features, which would be of no use with another SIP provider.

The clicking and popping sounds you were getting may be caused by a hardware or network issue than the software.

7. Joepie

You are not really answering, but let me check: considering I use version 6 with a problematic connection, what is the newest version for Windows that I can use (and gives salvation to my problem?)? What is PBX btw?

8. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, but with most technical issues, no indicative answer can be given unless one is sitting at the computer having the issue, there are too many variables. Sometimes a guess is the best you can hope for. As i don't work for 3Cx and didn't develop the software, I can't give you specific information about it. It is a matter for you to troubleshoot it yourself.

Other are using version 6 with no problems. As I said, the noise issues could be result of dropped packets, which could be anything between you and your provider.

PBX = Private Branch eXchange, which is what this site is all about, The 3CX phone(s) are just an added bonus.

9. Joepie

Thanks,

Dripped packets, nice way of describing.
    I already passed various rounds with the providers of internet and router/modem.
    With the first one I have a senior technician now who will put his teeth in it. I hope he will continue till the end.
    I still think I'm causing the problem myself because I use a DECT Siemens Gigaset directly via the router/modem and an USB headset via the laptop.
    Answering phonecalls with a headset and and 3CX phone takes to much time for a clumsy type like me.
    That gives me an idea. I'll contact you later on.

10. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It was supposed to be dropped, I was in a hurry and the spell checker didn't catch it because it was a correct word, I've since changed it.

I've found that with network problems, it is sometimes the least expected "bit" that ends up causing grief. It's the "that shouldn't be doing that" realization.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.