Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Version 14 and STUN Server

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by petewatterschats, Mar 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. petewatterschats

petewatterschats New Member

Port Forwarding is setup

In the settings - network - public IP - STUN Server under the entry

STUN Disabled (Not Supported) does this mean STUN is not supported

What is the down side if I enable it

The static Public IP will not take a FQDN and if I have an Internet Service with a Dynamic Public IP which changes - so when it changes what will happen

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I have to assume that it means that in V14, STUN is not considered necessary as you are expected to have a static Public IP.

STUN is used to determine that type of NAT you are behind and your public IP. If calls to a provider use an IP that you datafilled, but has since changed, then external calls will not work properly. If 3CX relies on a STUN server to determine the current public IP, then it would be kept up to date, if, and when it changed.

I'm assuming that you will have issues as you had previously, no audio, or no calls at all.

3. petewatterschats

petewatterschats New Member

Thanks for the information.

I will enable the STUN Service since there does not seem to be a down side

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.