Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Version 14 - audio recording and voicemail format

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by sean.suntelnetworks, Oct 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sean.suntelnetworks

Seriously 3cx dev and management,

Who thought 4 BIT ADPCM would be acceptable? Seriously, it sounds like a chav talking.

This is why most android cannot play the new format, because the minimum bit depth for most applications is 8bit. The last time I remember having to deal with 4bit audio was back in 1994.

3cx devs needs to either A) pay the license for MP3, B) put it back to the previous recording format.

Seriously, standard ulaw/alaw would sound better than this crap. At least give us an option of what format to choose for those of us that don't care how much space a recording takes.

2. PhatPanda

I fully agree, trying to make good sounding IVR recordings is impossible.

3. uptime1

uptime1 New Member

+1

Hmmm, perhaps this explains why when I experimented with 3CX set to high def codecs it sounded horrible (way worse than default 3CX).

4. coreybrett81

Attn: 3CX developers- We need normal PCM back ASAP! This is a real buzz kill for Google Apps customers.

5. coreybrett81

Attn: 3CX developers- We need normal PCM back ASAP! This is a real buzz kill for Google Apps customers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.